Free coil pack replacement from Audi

Danman1

Thorough noob
Reaction score
After reading the thread about the Audi coil pack recall I phoned my local Audi and had my car booked. Audi paid for my taxi home while my car, 2002 S3, was being looked at, and in short they replaced my coil pack and gave my car a free health check, all for free! Excellent customer service. I would recommend everyone to give Audi a ring about getting theirs looked at!!!

Dan

Reactions: ruffrida
im tempted to ring my audi dealer mine is a 2001 a3 sport... u reckon they will do mine?

Mate, give it a go! Nothing to lose. They run your reg through their database so they'll tell you if it needs doing.

Dan

Did they find about £2000 worth of 'work that needs doing urgently' as part of your free health check by any chance???

I'm going to give Audi a call on thursday then. Was it the AUM which got recalled?

They would only replace two of mine even though I was told they would do all four on the phone.

A3AH:1488274 said:
I'm going to give Audi a call on thursday then. Was it the AUM which got recalled?

I think its only the coilpacks that aren't bolted down. I git mine replaced at vw last year, aum engine code

Funnily enough they did try to sell me one Michellin pilot sport tyre at £139 and a new rear spring fitted at £330 as mine has 'slight' corrosion on it. lol. Not sure of the number.

Dan

I think its only the coilpacks that aren't bolted down. I git mine replaced at vw last year, aum engine code

Cheers paradox, ill give them a call then x

good question. I thought only the newer engines, aum/auq can get them.changed for recall, give it a try mate, worse they can say is no. then just kick up a stick about you will never buy another audi again. they will soon change there mind lol

Just had mine replaced at Wimbledon Audi. Took 20 mins. No paperwork or anything afterwards, the guy there said it's all 'electronic' now. Didn't do a health check.

Going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say :) thanx for the heads up :) has anyone got the link to the original thread? thanks Cheers

After reading the thread about the Audi coil pack recall I phoned my local Audi and had my car booked. Audi paid for my taxi home while my car, 2002 S3, was being looked at, and in short they replaced my coil pack and gave my car a free health check, all for free! Excellent customer service. I would recommend everyone to give Audi a ring about getting theirs looked at!!!

Dan

I have just rang Bolton Audi and they were really helpful, they said there is defientley a recall on the coil packs, just give your local audi dealer a ring and they will put your reg through the system. Mine didnt come up so alls good (well i think so)