passenger air bag

edmanning

Reaction score
Ive recently bought myself a nice shiney S3 - 25k miles, 2002 plate, ebony black and nice silver wings - a real nice example /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, and do i love it! ooohh yeah!!! ..
anyway, im still working out what half the buttons do, but when i turn the engine on to start up i get the yellow message - "passenger air bag off" appearing in the roof light ? - i have looked at the key switch in the glove box and it says that its 'on' - am i missing something here or does this seem to be incorrect ?!?!

Mine does this and i went through the same initial Eh???. but its just a check so that you know the bulb is still working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome and Enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi mate,

I made the same post when I got my S3, one day I noticed the light and paniced also.

I was told however that this was just the system checking itself and is normal.

Cheers

thanks for the info everyone!! much appriciated!...

..as if thier would be a fault with such a fine auto /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi Richie, Does the light stay on or does it just display then go out? If it is on constantly then there is a fault!

Let me know
Cheers and welcome to the forum!

Rich.

If the key for the airbag is in the 'on' position and the light goes off after starting the car dont worry its normal. If there was a fault then it would be airbag light in your cluster that would be on.

cheers for all the assistance.. the light goes on at start up, and then goes out - so i think everythings ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

- just been for a serious burn, and i dont know what that ESP thingie does, but it seems you can just put your foot to the floor and drive round bends and everything! - i was amazed ! - is it possible to drive one of these off the road, didnt seem like it to me ! lol ..