Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Cracked manifold

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Cracked turbo gasket

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

liquids3

Reaction score
Ok me and westy have both been though the torment of finding out we have had cracked turbos manifolds!,i went to fit my new xs power mani a few days ago,and found a crack in the old mani,turbo gasket cracked,and turbo had four crackes,one proceding though the whole turbo!,did'nt notice any major problems apart from slight boost splutter!
Just wondering who has had theres off,and who's was,was'nt cracked?,
I am getting new k04 hybrid from username (beachbuggy),he has done it at a great price,just unexpected expence,good idea to save up and get all of the above,how much power have you lost without knowing?
Copy and paste what was cracked if so!

Whole lot was shafted on mine, ko3S mine, but the manifold is cracked in several places, and you could pretty much read through the cracks in the turbo housing!

Amazingly though, still almost no play in the shaft :S

Manifold was cracked to buggery on the mtm one the wastegate port had nearly detached it self
Crack1.jpg

Crack2.jpg

Crack2.jpg

It wont let me vote again :( the k26 turbo was alright and so was the gasket but mani was shagged

My K04 when i removed it was cracked around the turbine and the manifold was cracked around the port but cant remember about the gasket ;)

Ok me and westy have both been though the torment of finding out we have had cracked turbos manifolds!,i went to fit my new xs power mani a few days ago,and found a crack in the old mani,turbo gasket cracked,and turbo had four crackes,one proceding though the whole turbo!,did'nt notice any major problems apart from slight boost splutter!
Just wondering who has had theres off,and who's was,was'nt cracked?,
I am getting new k04 hybrid from username (beachbuggy),he has done it at a great price,just unexpected expence,good idea to save up and get all of the above,how much power have you lost without knowing?
Copy and paste what was cracked if so!

OEM Mano was fine...so too gasket.

K04 has 3" crack...estimated at about 45bhp and around 30lb of torque. Was only getting 247bhp until today.

Currently being mapped up with new hybrid and xs power mani as i type this...get in!

Reactions: liquids3