Stacey's Belated Yo Yo Build Thread

Your cars quite aggressive from the wheels and fitment. You need a nice big can ;)

BTW this is what i mean about the the oil pump. The bolt managed to wind itself out even with loctite so the safest thing to do is weld the ****** in pace, I even did this to my trigger wheel as i have seen and read some horror stories.

Image0528_zps6b6e63ed.jpg

Mine is 3inch inlet aswell. I want to run a 90mm tip with 4.2s4 maf housing which is what i was looking at. If i can find an rs4 one then thats even better. The s4 one i believe is 87mm o.d. 90 would be better obv.
Where did you get the maf housing stace?

I got the MAF direct from GSF at the time i didn't realise you only need the housing and not the sensor

I will try and sell the sensor on afterwards as is brand new and obviously is useless to me, may drop Dane a line and see if can offload it on an S/RS forum ;)

I forgot to say earlier. Cute daughter!

I might be in touch about that filter then. Does it need a velocity stack?

Cheers mate got to admit not the best pic of her but she is a cheeky little devil lol

The filter doesn't need a velocity stack but has a 6' bore so in effect will need some form of reducers to go onto the MAF or one of Badger 5's velocity stacks which have to say fits like a dream with the rs4 maf and filter

Cheers for all the replys guys :beerchug:

Have previously spoke to Bill a while ago about a system but our main concern was it being to droney but now more i keep reading it seems i will need straight through boxes and probably not ones with the stuffing material inside that makes the milltek as refined as it is?
Spoke to Andrew a couple of times and his keeps spitting the Millteks wadding out of the back of the system?

Another thing is that i originally wanted something very OEM milltek styley as it fills the bumper slot perfectly but am now leaning away from that to something a bit different :eyebrows:

A little naughty part of me has always really liked the look of the 0-400 S3 exhaust simular to the one you posted Jase but think the one that is doing it for me at the mo is Sandips as that does look quite sexy

I did very briefly chat to Bill yesterday before posting but he was rather busy and we are going to talk today at some point as ideally the system needs to appear on the car in its one "outing" when it goes for mapping etc whether thats at Bills or it pops in somewhere on the way home ;)

I think the way forward will be to have a big box at the rear sideways like sandips and probably like Jase had mentioned one in place of the cat and another in between?

BTW this is what i mean about the the oil pump. The bolt managed to wind itself out even with loctite so the safest thing to do is weld the ****** in pace, I even did this to my trigger wheel as i have seen and read some horror stories.

Image0528_zps6b6e63ed.jpg

Really get me worrying now about rechecking everything and wanting to take a welder to everything lol

I'm hoping that because neither the oil pump sprocket and crank trigger wheel bolts haven't been undone since the factory that this will be enough?
I went to undo the trigger wheel bolts to put gallons of loctite on but they were so ****** tight that i left them as was worried was going to round them off and thought that they seemed like they had been done up by Arnold Schwarzenegger so hoped that will be enough

3 boxes in total be fine im sure.

Before the can i did think about having a normal rear box but not having any tips on it. So basically it would get to the bumper cut out and i`d just put a y piece in and have it as bare pipe. Try and get it Milltek special tip style. Most VW`s come with bare metal tips now instead of shiney chrome jobbies so seeing them everyday grows on me lol.

I still plan to replace the internals on my Miltek with 3"... I believe there is a chamber at the opposite end to the tail pipes which I will replace with 3" bends...

This gives an idea of whats inside...
IMAG0122.jpg

...from this thread... http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/121535-look-what-inside-my-milltek.html

Have found some 3" stainless perf tube and for the tail pipes I either make a twin pipe setup out of 3" or modify something like this from Jetex..

u907676rlarge.jpg

u907676r_with-dimensions.jpg

<tuffty/>

I know mine is considerably less power than yours Stacey, but my 3" system is actually quieter than my old Milltek!

1 back box thats straight through and one centre resonator, and all in 3" manderel bends and its only 87dba on the static tests at 4500rpm. Properly quiet!

Definitely go straight through though, baffles surely have no place on a car like yours!

Yeah that Y piece is what i was thinking. Just polish it up and keep it as that.

New Polo GT in our showroom is pretty much that.

2013 Volkswagen PoloGT Rear

Sandips config is ideal because you can actually use a straight through box thats a size that will actually do something, unlike say, the one tuffty first used which is all that could be fitted longitudinally.

Get the one big sideways box with some nice tasteful tailpipes, no resonator box, and im sure youl be pleased. If you find it a tad loud, its easy and cheap enough to then fit a 3 inch centre box in.

As easy as modding the milltek might be, its a £500+ catback that youre chopping up, and at the end of the day, vertually nothing will remain of it. The sale of the milltek will easily cover a new custom one

Really get me worrying now about rechecking everything and wanting to take a welder to everything lol

I'm hoping that because neither the oil pump sprocket and crank trigger wheel bolts haven't been undone since the factory that this will be enough?
I went to undo the trigger wheel bolts to put gallons of loctite on but they were so ****** tight that i left them as was worried was going to round them off and thought that they seemed like they had been done up by Arnold Schwarzenegger so hoped that will be enough

You should be fine, I don't think i will have any bother with any of my bolts anymore as the ones i've had problems with have been sorted by ARP's or welded the buggers in place now.

Go onto vortex site and read Speeding G60 build. Lots of good info on the problem he has had and how he solved them.

Have spoken to Bill and its looking like Badger 5 will be doing the whole system from turbo to exhaust tip with a good arangement of boxes so shouldn't be to noisy apart from when on the loud pedal ;)

Edit: forgot to say thanks for the advice guys its helped me make up my mind of what I want to do

Reactions: s3dave, superkarl, Jason.s and 2 others
Have spoken to Bill and its looking like Badger 5 will be doing the whole system from turbo to exhaust tip with a good arangement of boxes so shouldn't be to noisy apart from when on the loud pedal ;)

I think this is definitely the best decision, having seen a few of Bills systems they look ****** fantastic, and being custom fitted you KNOW it's going to fit properly and be right from the off.

The 3 box system that Bill did for the big turbo Leon race car looked great, I think that was something like 89dba at 4500rpm? so properly quite and sensible :)

Reactions: Andrew@A.L.D
I think this is definitely the best decision, having seen a few of Bills systems they look ****** fantastic, and being custom fitted you KNOW it's going to fit properly and be right from the off.

The 3 box system that Bill did for the big turbo Leon race car looked great, I think that was something like 89dba at 4500rpm? so properly quite and sensible :)

Think having the system done by bill is definitely a win win situation for many reasons :)

The quality of his work is amazing and this is why that from day 1 we agreed he would fab my new downpipe after the monstrosity of the last one

The map will potentially be optumised for the final setup rather than mapping then giving it the aditional flow at a later date

The systems tuffty posted are pure sex

Its also a lot easier if the cat back appears on there on one outing rather than trying to explain and make excuses for it at a later date ; )

Little update (not sure if pics will upload as trying a different way as got an s4 now rather than iphone)

Spent fricking ages making the charge pipework

From tip to TB

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306486009

The dv return which got to cut out yet

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306550402

Charge pipe

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306590750

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306633768

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306659115

Cold side of the cooler

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306709917

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306748028

Uploadfromtaptalk1367306782094

Just got to finish the map, dv and wmi mountings then will take it to be welded :)

Cheers mate :)

Not sure if you guys use anything special but thats just insulation tape lol

Only problem ive now got is friend thaat usually does the welding is absolutely rammed with work and can't get it done until next week! So have shared it between 2 other friends who can hopefully get it all done in time?

I have to say I have not got as much time left as hoped to get a good few bits done on the car so some will have to be done at a later date heres a quick list off the top of my head

Subframe as pretty sure its bent
Front calipers changed to the 996tt and new pads
Both driiveshafts changed as ones been clonking for ages on lock
Rear springs need changing
Drivers door doesnt always realise its open or closed so doesnt bring interior light on
Oil cooler doesnt fit where I had hoped as the hose fittings foul on the bumper so brackets are needed for that to fit somewhere

Thats about it off of the top of my head as well as the obvious stuff ive got to put back together so will try and get as much as possible done but will have to wait and see

What time you over on the Friday dude? I am off for a week from Friday so will most likely be at Bills

<tuffty/>

What time you over on the Friday dude? I am off for a week from Friday so will most likely be at Bills

<tuffty/>

Am hoping to leave reasonably early friday so suspect that with a trailer it will be around 11ish?

Will be good to see you and have a chat if your about? You will also be another person who can try and convince my dad im not insane with what I do to my car as im usually heavily outnumbered ;) lol

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Am hoping to leave reasonably early friday so suspect that with a trailer it will be around 11ish?

Will be good to see you and have a chat if your about? You will also be another person who can try and convince my dad im not insane with what I do to my car as im usually heavily outnumbered ;) lol

Seems like we all need a dad like prawnies! I moved as far away as possible from mine to save the headache that was "why don't you just buy a new car" and " you can only do 70 anyway". Yeah right lol

Seems like we all need a dad like prawnies! I moved as far away as possible from mine to save the headache that was "why don't you just buy a new car" and " you can only do 70 anyway". Yeah right lol

My Dad is awesome, although he is a little obsessed with tyres :laugh:

Lol im sure big al has a something to do with the petrol running through your veins, although the pair of you together are absolute wheel and tyre whores ; )

My old man is coming round to it all and loved it at bedford, he said hes happy to join on future days but is always digging and nippin about "playing" with the car probably in the same way as a lot of our families and partners do

Little update

Got some of my charge pipework back but got let down by a friends welder packing up so now am relying on one person to finish it in the morning

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436293860

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436312557

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436338655

I also managed to swap my rear springs over as had a broken one on the rear, the new ones look shorter but will have to wait and see how it settles

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436439919

The offending broken one which had broken into 3

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436515836

Its sitting rather high at the mo but im sure thst will settle lol

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436648952

I did manage to get the new calipers on and bled with rbf600, only issue was I couldnt bleed the rear drivers caliper as when the nipples cracked couldnt get any fluid through even with pressure on the pedal? I suspect as the dust cap was missing its full of ****e and blocked?

Couple of pics of where its currently at

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436856578

Uploadfromtaptalk1367436875866

Reactions: Sam_
Did you mount the surge tank under the headlight in the end?

To be honest ive not done a couple things that I would have including the surge tank and oil cooler :(

The oil cooler will definitely be getting fitted at a later date but think will see how it copes with the 044 inline as my intank pump is nearly new so hoping it will be man enough but if not will have to fit it somewhere ;)

Sorry also for being rude I do intend to reply to your pm

Update

Picked up the rest of my alloy welded bits this morning and then drove 40 miles to pick up a pair of driveshafts

The driveshafts were different and didnt end up fitting them so thats another future job lol

This is the car back on all 4's ready to go on a trailor for the journey to bills tommorrow :)

Uploadfromtaptalk1367520353542

Reactions: Broken Byzan
Oh it's cool mate. There's no rush on the PM. I can imagine what it's like with an impending move, a kid and doing all this to your car!

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this :) Hopefully the rear will drop a bit?

Well what a day got up at 6 and by the time had picked up the trailor, loaded the car and had a bacon sarny it was half 8

Set the road trip to bills which ended up taking 3 1/2 hours due to the car and trsiler wanting to snake at 70 and above ;)

Got to bills around midday and was pretty sharp with the drop as was ibvious the old man was pretty ratty after the drive so did a wuick stop and was on our way

The car is now in exrremely experienced and trustworthy hands until further notice.....cant wait :)

Updares from now on im sure will be from bill and touch wood it sll goes smoothly ;)?

Reactions: s3dave
Ahh finally at bills?! Good luck mate I'm sure bill will work wonders with it. Can't wait to see what this can do (no pressure)
you have put a lot of time, money and effort hope it all goes well

Cheers guys its going to feel like a long and nervous few weeks now but really cant wait

Am hoping power will touch over 500 but high 400's is a pretty reasonable asumption I think?

Main goal at the moment is for it to run with no major issues :)

Reactions: Goubo1
Did you see gulfstreams results on vortex??

I know hes on e85, but still, its s billet 3071.

Yeah its pretty insane numbers....597 iirc

Got to admit dyno lottery is involved but he gained 70 something hp through a 3651 inlet cam and .72 ar housing which is impressive

Why dont we get e85 in the ****** uk as seems like an absolute win as a fuel to use in more ways than one :)

Getting the initial start on cam??....
Good luck mate you deserve it ...

Cheers mate :)

Will be down to bill if it will be having a vid but im sure there'll one sonewhere along the line

Hows yours coming along did you get it to niki in the end?