JMB RetrofitsBadger5
Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536373839404144 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 2165
Like Tree355Likes

Thread: Stacey's Belated Yo Yo Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    You could say it has a bit of power yeah...
    "DREAMCRUSHER" JUN 9 second R32 GTR - YouTube

I've seen it in person too and it's a real nice car.
    Think that definatly justifys a rediculous exhaust as that cars mental!

Can't believe that they rev over 10k as didn't think it would take it

That side exit is mental but think it would be a tad to loud
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I can see anything bigger than 3" fitting past the propshaft on the S3, its bound to rub or knock somewhere in that area.

6th Gear

Status
    Got to admit I've never heard of anything bigger than 3" on an S3 but also not sure if it has been tried?

I expect it would be a challenge if even possible to get anything bigger past the prop?
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS3 View Post
    Got to admit I've never heard of anything bigger than 3" on an S3 but also not sure if it has been tried?

I expect it would be a challenge if even possible to get anything bigger past the prop?
    its got to be impossible. there is about 10mm room all way around a 3 inch. it would never work without touching with engine movement.

5th Gear

Status
    Who's keen to cut the under carriage in the quest for more HP

6th Gear

Status
    Exhaust Resonator De-Cat Silencer Universal 3.0" Turbo | eBay

Like that. A lot of Jap systems have those.

Could have that in the standard center box location and a proper box where the standard cat would be. Didnt think of it looking like a cat so thats a cheeky plus lol.

Will be 3" or 3.5" I currently have a resonated milltek and I presume a bullet resonator is the same sort of thing as the milltek center resonator?

I suppose putting one in the cats position would be a win win as will quieten it down and could always say I thought it was a cat lol

Might have a ring around for some quotes and see what people can do? Reconmend anywhere in south east area as search's keep bringing up Hayward and Scott

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    its got to be impossible. there is about 10mm room all way around a 3 inch. it would never work without touching with engine movement.
    It may need some strategic dents placed

But saying that my H&S downpipe had dents and flat spots all over it in the end to stop that rubbing and that was only 3"
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Exhaust Resonator De-Cat Silencer Universal 3.0" Turbo | eBay

Like that. A lot of Jap systems have those.

Could have that in the standard center box location and a proper box where the standard cat would be. Didnt think of it looking like a cat so thats a cheeky plus lol.
    Cheers mate think it will need a good couple of boxes/resonators like you say to quieten it down, but suspect on boost it should still sound pretty good

Suppose an ideal solution is an exhaust valve and then can have best of both worlds but that's just a pain in the arse
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Aye easier just to stick a few boxes in it. I think with a front box in place of the standard cat, resonator in the middle and a backbox it'd be alright. I remember a similar subject on driftworks years ago and soneone said they knew of 500bhp+ cars that sounded almost standard because they'd run loads of boxes and it never really effected performance either. Only one way to find out though and that's to get it build, let it soot up and see what it's like. If its too loud change a box. Also different packing in the boxes can make a difference so could be worth looking at which does what.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

6th Gear

Status
    Will when i get some free time ring around for some quotes with a cat back with a ****e load of boxes lol

Little update although nothing major, mainly just been connecting lots of stuff up

My rear springs have eventually shown up as one of mines currently in 2 wasn't impressed with the state of the package from the couriers

Mocked up what the tip should end up something like

A pic that gives you an idea of the size of the pipe, Mila's got a thing with sticking her tongue out at the mo lol

Couple of pics of where its up to at the mo, pretty much everything is connected now with just the charge pipe to do

The coolant hardpipe that had previously forgot to take pics of

Coolant lines which were an arse to get round the tip

Pretty much all got left engine bay wise is charge pipework, tip and fuel lines

I have decided for now to run just the 044 inline and see how it goes? It may well be a nice future project
    s3dave, Jay A3 and CHEZ like this.
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Tial is still quite near the change cables on this revised version I see... bit of extra heatshielding wouldn't go amiss... looking good though dude...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Looks awesome dude !! Great work.

Is that a hemi TB on the IE mani? Does the TB harness reach the TB plug, or do you have to extend the wires?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Looks sexy

Can't wait to get mine up and running now but i've picked up another head and looking into bigger valves and solid tappets so it will never end
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1856819
    Tial is still quite near the change cables on this revised version I see... bit of extra heatshielding wouldn't go amiss... looking good though dude...

<tuffty/>
    Cheers mate it's going to be tight with the wastegate outlet to the box and prop, will look into making a heatsheild of some description
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scullies View Post
    Looks awesome dude !! Great work.

Is that a hemi TB on the IE mani? Does the TB harness reach the TB plug, or do you have to extend the wires?
    Cheers mate

Yeah 80mm hemi tb and the harness just reaches but may extend a touch if feel its under to much tension and may have to rotate it yet for better clearance to the bonnet

Iirc you've got the same tb? If so how did you find the connector as states on IE's website that it may need minor modification but doesn't say in what manor? The plug goes on half way but didn't want to be to forceful with it...will have to look at it in a bit more depth on Monday
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    Looks sexy

Can't wait to get mine up and running now but i've picked up another head and looking into bigger valves and solid tappets so it will never end
    Cheers...it's making me smile when I look at it now its starting to come together

Lol you nutter!

I remember when we talked about +1mm valves for mine but was quite a bit more work
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    How big is the tip? And maf?
    Been lookIng at them today myself

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers mate

Yeah 80mm hemi tb and the harness just reaches but may extend a touch if feel its under to much tension and may have to rotate it yet for better clearance to the bonnet

Iirc you've got the same tb? If so how did you find the connector as states on IE's website that it may need minor modification but doesn't say in what manor? The plug goes on half way but didn't want to be to forceful with it...will have to look at it in a bit more depth on Monday
    TBH I cant remember modifying the plug when I fitted the TB, it was a tight fit and needed a good push for it to click. I would have a look at it first if I were you, because I had 2 hemi TB's. One was made in Canada and the other in Germany. Canada one didnt work so bought a German one. They were slightly different in some areas but were both made for the same car.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    How big is the tip?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Lol

Down under

Status
    It's a compact housing he has so I guess 3"? Unless that 90 bend has 3" one end, 4" the other?
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

6th Gear

Status
    Lol tip is 3' to 4' 90 silicon and 4' there on, the maf is a rs4 unit with a 90mm OD but have machined a plastic sleeve to press on to it to bring it up to 4'

Pic of the part no

The billet velocity stack then takes the size up to 6' and will be looking to get the biggest filter can get in between the stack and the headlight

This is the filter I originally got when still had the battery but now have got some room over that side will be trying to get near enough the biggest one I can fit in there

I also fired off an email to IE and they said there's a little tab that I need to shave off on the tb plug then shall fit nicely
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

Down under

Status
    You selling that other filter then?
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah the other filter can potentially be up for grabs
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Mine is 3inch inlet aswell. I want to run a 90mm tip with 4.2s4 maf housing which is what i was looking at. If i can find an rs4 one then thats even better. The s4 one i believe is 87mm o.d. 90 would be better obv.
    Where did you get the maf housing stace?

6th Gear

Status
    After some suggestions for exhaust places guys? Have got quotes from blueflame and pipewerx but are miles and miles away from me

Have also tried Jetex who said don't do custom and piper exhausts said the same but am waiting on a phone call back about possibly making a 3' system as an off the shelf option like Jase had previously been discussing?

Anyone reconmend any other reputable people preferably in the south east area?

There's always the likes of powerflow lol
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread

Down under

Status
    I forgot to say earlier. Cute daughter!

I might be in touch about that filter then. Does it need a velocity stack?

Down under

Status
    Powerflow? Nooooooo. You'll end up with a 150db 5" bean can with pressed bends!

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    MIJ which is around the birmingham area, still bloody far for you

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    After some suggestions for exhaust places guys? Have got quotes from blueflame and pipewerx but are miles and miles away from me

Have also tried Jetex who said don't do custom and piper exhausts said the same but am waiting on a phone call back about possibly making a 3' system as an off the shelf option like Jase had previously been discussing?

Anyone reconmend any other reputable people preferably in the south east area?

There's always the likes of powerflow lol
    Bill can make one but dunno about the cost tbh... best to have a word...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    Know any good welders around your way? Just buy the bits and get it welded up by them. Dunno about companies around your way. Everywhere is miles away like you say.

6th Gear

Status
    Few meters of 3" pipe on ebay isnt much, just be the boxes that`ll make up the cost. Im going to be buying some pipe and a backbox from ebay after holiday and fingers crossed me and Jon are going to make one similar to the one he`s just built himself which is really good quallity. His is 2.75" catback but im going 2.5" and building it from the center box back. Main bit i want to get rid of is that nasty squashed section under the diff and the heavy backbox.

He`s got an MIJ japcan like i had on the A4 and im going the same route again as i love S3`s with nice cans out the back like all the greek 0-400 cars and unitronic beasts. Comes with bung that i`ll use if needed for track days and its only 38quid or something. Going to cost me about 80quidish for a 90 and 45 bend, 1m straight 2.5" and the backbox

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I know I keep banging on about this but you are taking it to Bill''s right?

Lupo...

LCR Race car

...and of course mine

<tuffty/>

6th Gear

Status
    See you could have stuck another box in that and kept it lol.

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Bills exhausts look sexual. Think I might get a price!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    no one remember sandips??

3 inch. large box mounted sideways.
    i got a quote from a place in burnley for exactly the same in 3 inch and it was about £350. then i got the milltek.

6th Gear

Status
    I`ll just leave this here..

166544_468144239869263_579877225_n.jpg
    stevegti2 likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    I`ll just leave this here..

166544_468144239869263_579877225_n.jpg

I like!!

even though its screams out - look at me I got no cats lol
    Word!!!

My A3/Martys Golf would smash that, and this guys £7000 GT9743 supercharged love machine.

6th Gear

Status
    Hoping mine will replicate that angle and upsweep, box wont be as big and it wont be as ASBO haha.

Down under

Status
    He might still have a race cat. It screams more "look at me my cars modified", which is why I like the Milltek. Reasonably OEM looking rather than ricer.