Agu engine

S3Zek

Reaction score
Is the Agu engine internally the same as the bam apart from head and pistons? Any one know what the Agu and bam pistons are good for power wise?

A question for you tuffty or bill? :)

06A blocks should all be the same (although 210/225 blocks are supposed to have thicker webbing but never looked or checked part numbers)... considering the yanks are getting silly HP figures from Golfs etc that use the 'lesser' block then there isn't an issue as far I can tell...

BAM/AGU pistons are good for 400 odd hp... Welly uses AGU pistons in his and I have Ibiza Cupra pistons in mine which are more or less the same... all good so far...

<tuffty/>

Cool thanks for that guys I would like to go for around 400-450 ish but I wasn't sure if I would need forge pistons or not, I don't really see myself going any higher than that but is it better to be safe than sorry?

If all gos well I should be picking up a Agu lump to build up at the end of this month, but I didn't know if the standard pistons were up to the job or not.

If all gos well I should be picking up a Agu lump to build up at the end of this month, but I didn't know if the standard pistons were up to the job or not.

It's very much to you mate, standard pistons are exceptionally strong for an OEM item. The are made by Mahle - mine take over 400 bhp currently.

That's quite impressive welly, i suppose it really depends on the condition of the bore and pistons when i get it.

well hopfuly when ive got it all done it will be making its way up to bill :icon_thumright: its a good treck for me to him but im sure it will all be worth it :cool:

So did I understood right that AGU engines are with 06A blocks?

Looking for another block which will be stroked to 2.0l, and just want to make sure that wont buy something useless..

So did I understood right that AGU engines are with 06A blocks?

Looking for another block which will be stroked to 2.0l, and just want to make sure that wont buy something useless..

Yes...

<tuffty/>