power gains from k04 and xs mani

jam333

Reaction score
what kind of power gains could be had from the standard turbo xs mani 3 inch downpipe and badger5 tip miltex cat back then for it to be remapped has any one done this

Check previous threads on this as much debate has and is going on but Gains are impressive by all accounts.

I would have been able to give you an estimate but due to my turbo cracking and hybrid going on my experiment has been scuppered.

Will upload data tomorrow once its on and remapped.

what kind of power gains could be had from the standard turbo xs mani 3 inch downpipe and badger5 tip miltex cat back then for it to be remapped has any one done this

30bhp ish has been banded about...

i have a 2003 s3 thats 225bhp standard wot would u reckon i would get if i had put all that on my car and had it remapped close too 300?

as far as I know, to date nobody seems to have figures for a standard ko4 on the XS manifold, although on hybrids it's proven to increase flow dramatically.

there are LOADS of builds currently going on with these manifolds on ko4 cars though, so it's only a matter of weeks before power figures start coming in....

Check out Westy's build thread as he is doing this very thing...

<tuffty/>[/QUOTE]

Over to you westy.

as far as I know, to date nobody seems to have figures for a standard ko4 on the XS manifold, although on hybrids it's proven to increase flow dramatically.

there are LOADS of builds currently going on with these manifolds on ko4 cars though, so it's only a matter of weeks before power figures start coming in....
im goin k04 hybrid xs mani downpipe rods frontmount map,Hope im first lol,think jim will be there soon!,im addicted to power this year oh dear!

im goin k04 hybrid xs mani downpipe rods frontmount map,Hope im first lol,think jim will be there soon!,im addicted to power this year oh dear!

Tomorrow mate but im still minus the rods.

The stage 3 k04 hybrid with xs power Mani went in today after toiling for about 8 hours.

Mapping tomorrow with brembo install but Won't be able to go the whole nine yards in light of rods and need to preserve.

Will be interesting to see how early and easily it achieves performance delivery and how long it holds it for.

Still cheesed off that my turbo cracked!

Good luck to Westy who is now likely to nail the standard k04 300bhp target.

Wellys was the whole package and made 344bhp as a one off, and settled on a consistent 338bhp which he used for months.

Mines without rods, but being mapped this week

Wellys was the whole package and made 344bhp as a one off, and settled on a consistent 338bhp which he used for months.

Sweet!,and yours is lighter!I heard yours was quick,and wellys

Hi prawn.

Interesting to hear that you are running without rods.

What figures are you hitting?

I have posted it many times before.
Here is my amk engined S3 with the XS manifold and 3"downpipe. All the rest is completly stock!

6666615905_e7fbb3b4aa.jpg

Note that i didnt have the chance to dyno the car before i installed the manifold and downpipe but i guess we all have an idea how much would an average stock AMK (210bhp) S3 would do on a Dyno.

Also note that i did have another run (directly after this one) and the results were slightly better (223 bhp engine power)

Click on my sig to go to my build thread. The last few pages detail all the parts i'm currently collecting in my quest for 300bhp.

I'm hoping to free up 25+bhp from my XS manifold, large port head, and WMI, running some nice amount of ignition timing.

I wont have figure till after Easter though.

The upshot is that currently noone can answer your question as to what a mapped K04 will do with the mods you mentioned.

This will change fairly shortly - as said before, there are a lot of builds happening.

Click on my sig to go to my build thread. The last few pages detail all the parts i'm currently collecting in my quest for 300bhp.

I'm hoping to free up 25+bhp from my XS manifold, large port head, and WMI, running some nice amount of ignition timing.

I wont have figure till after Easter though.

You are going to make it mate. Well done!

Sorry guys, I've had issues today with oil sump which has required a complete drain down and clean.

It's funny, when you take stuff apart..one things very much leads to another.

However...all is on now and mapping at 9am as it'll be too loud tonight.

Will post at lunch.

Have I missed something? Where you getting her mapped?

<tuffty/>

Sorry for delay, it's my birthday today and been having dinner with my wife.

I'm off to Mark at Swict to customise the map.

Right....quick update.

XS Power mani is in, Turbodynamics Stage 3 K04 Hybrid is on and a new custom TIP.

I have to say that it was from an easy install and we had to modify the heat shield prior to re-install as there isn't much space after the mani goes in.

However, it's worth all the hassle and to call the car 'spiriting' would be a massive understatement. We have been experimenting with the map to take into account all of the elements, manage torque, psi and bhp and achieved 310bhp with 300lb of torque yesterday without pushing it.

However, as a precaution, we are allowing the parts to bed for a couple of hundred miles and limited the power to 274bhp at 18psi until around Tuesday next week. We just want to be sure about before cracking it up to what it can do.

We'll remap again next Tuesday morning, tinker where necessary and produce/post the dyno readings.

I have to say that the engine sounds, through the new mani, is so different from standard and the responsiveness/eagerness of the car is startling. Best modifcation i've done?....aside from the initial remap...quite possibly. The car certainly feels more alive and enthusiastic than ever before and totally different to drive.

I've also added pics on Sam Bryant facebook page for those interested:-

S3 XS Power & Hybrid Install | Facebook

Will update you all again in due course and sorry for the delay.

Awesome news Jim! Very glad it's gone well for you after all the hard work. I must say though, your hybrid build has to be the fastest in history! I'm sure it was only last week you ordered the turbo!

Interesting seeing the difference in power figures vs boost between your small port and my large port set up. Not got a final power figure on mine yet, but I'm picking it up on saturday so I'll update then!

Awesome news Jim! Very glad it's gone well for you after all the hard work. I must say though, your hybrid build has to be the fastest in history! I'm sure it was only last week you ordered the turbo!

Interesting seeing the difference in power figures vs boost between your small port and my large port set up. Not got a final power figure on mine yet, but I'm picking it up on saturday so I'll update then!

Thanks! But really?...I doubt that. Im Sure plenty read but few post.

To be honest, in just tinkering with an old car as a bit of a hobby. Something breaks and I'm replacing it with good parts Recommended and mainly on this forum.

Having said that, ive probably spent £4k on it in as many months and the momentums been gathering with my impatience to get it how I want it.

I have to say though that i think im going to limit it to around a safe 300bhp as, on the way home tonight, even 274bhp feels more than adequate with the new mani in situ.

I did give it the beans tonight on the way home and it was a real eye opener in way it now picks up.

Am also glad I put the Brembo's on it and the confidence they provide. Tap the brake peddle...and it's like hitting a wall.

Always wanted a fast road car...and I'm nearly there, happy days.

I'm excited enough about doing my engine build without report like this!

Good work Jim bet you're pretty chuffed?

V happy. It does feel like its going to take off and drives seemingly much lighter. Pre-modification feels so sluggish by comparison.

At 300bhp its a little rocket. I have to say that I cannot imagine what 400bhp + would be like in it but it must be insane. I definitely will not be taking it further, this is enough for me.

Nice pre result Jim, who is your tuner? and did you use 550cc injectors? you need your own build thread now??

Yea thanks again. I'm pleased. Happy with whats been done so far.

Mark at Swict did the tuning.

Not sure about the build thread...would anyone be interested If I did one?

Or even some numptys that start one once they've pretty much completed it ;)

That's the thing. Been reading up for 2 years when i bought the car but only started chatting 3 months back.

I'm sure that I won't be the first or the last. Perhaps this will encourage people to get involved with these great vehicles.

yeah of course mate. There's some shocking build treads on here where people have documented just changing their sidelight bulbs and fitted a bee sting aerial lol

I was going to do a build thread that only solely shows the fitment of an r8 oil cap

Gd results Jim, I saw the pics and your comments on wastebook on sams group, sounds great. You have made hybridising sound so easy and pain free!

Gd results Jim, I saw the pics and your comments on wastebook on sams group, sounds great. You have made hybridising sound so easy and pain free!

Thanks...I look forward to you r8 oil cal thread! :)