Help!! With one of the most annoying things that could have EVER happened

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
So.....

I am in need of some help and advice after whats happened to my S3 across the weekend.

Basically...Just as I have finally got my car running smoothly.... someone out there has bumped into my car without leaving any details and there were no witnesses around either or CCTV footage.

I have got over the inital shock of whats happened to my pride and joy but now I am in complete confussion into what to do and what £££ it will cost....

She was clipped on the front drivers side and it has resulted in Front Indicator, Bumper, Front Side wing and Bonnet damage. When I returned to my car I could see something was not up straight away, as the washer solution was slowly dripping out...so i assume the bottle has broken also :(

There is no doubt in my mind that I want to get this fixed ASAP in time for spring/summer, but what would be the best way to go about it? This is the first time I have been in any situation like this before and have no idea on whether it would be cheaper to buy from other S3's that are being broken and get these parts fittted/sprayed. Or would it be easier to buy all the panels new? (God knows how much that will cost!).

Thanks in advance

Chris

I'd find a car thats being broken and get the bits you need from that. There was some on the classifieds section in here last time i looked.

Not that its much of a consolation, but you might just find the washer nozzle has broken, the fluid will leak out if the nozzle is damaged.

I reckon you will be looking at about 1500+ to get all that replaced with used parts and resprayed by somebody reasonable? As you said that the washer fluid is leaking, and that you suspect the bottle, so I take it, the drivers side wing has been hit?

Get some pictures up, but from
The sounds of it, I'd definately consider going through the insurance, but it obviously depends on your excess and future premiums being affected

As said there are a few S3's being broken so I would look over the damage and list what you need and then get them from one being broken and then find a good body shop to fit everything if needed.

Sorry your week has started out so badly

I have already considered the insurance and by the time I pay my excess and lose my 2 years NCB i will be looking at paying around £1500 through that option and will affect my insurance for years after. (I work in insurance so have looked at all of the ways around)

I will look out for the washer nozzle and get some pictures of the damage once the snow has gone. Yeah it was the drivers side wing that was damaged... 'luckily' the headlights were not touched as that would be an extra few hundred on top.

I was hoping I could get the parts (second hand) for around £400 inc delivery and then sprayed + fitted for around £800 ish.

Does that sound to unrealistic?

Gutted dude, i know your pain :( i 2nd the notion of buying 2nd hand parts, where are you from? As spray isnt that much tbh, and it can always wait a few weeks till you have the doh to have it done properly. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'm from SE Kent, so can pop up to London/Essex if i need to grab the parts as one on my mates has a van we could bring them back in. I think what I'm worrying about the most is the fitment and spraying tbh.

I've never had to get anything resprayed/touched up before so I have zero knowledge in that area. I was always led to believe that you pay for what you get.....especially when it comes to resprays. Don't expect anyone has any recommendations for a fitter and sprayer in the Kent/SE region?

if it comes to it, travel a bit outta ur area for a decent sprayer …… i travelled to birmingham from cheltenham

if it comes to it, travel a bit outta ur area for a decent sprayer …… i travelled to birmingham from cheltenham

What did you get fitted/sprayed on yours N4THW? and do you mind saying how much you paid for the job?

Yea Nath, what was the name of the place you went to in Brum?

You could always make a claim through your insurance company after u told the police and get it sorted that way but loads of down points such as affects on ur Ncb and they might write the car off but best best is to hunt on eBay gumtree and salvagers to get what u need after u have made a list of parts u need and need to replace, hope it works ok for ya