how fast is a golf

This has been posted before in the gerneral chat section, but yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif, that Golf is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif quick!, VR6 twin turbo IIRC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Excellent vid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I reckon it has been selectively edited though - most of the other cars looked to be taking it quite easy?

Anyone know which circuit it is? Looked abit like Hockenheim I thought. The vid is from a Swiss website, but I believe that they are not allowed to have racetracks in Switzerland by law. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I don't really think that counts as a golf anymore, think if you had a 600BHP S3 with no interior you'd be having a laugh too... and yes, think the driver was a lot better in the golf than the other cars, reminds me of a passenger lap around thruxton in a 360.

that car is half decent... lol but yes apart from that the driver seemed to be driving it like it was stolen it also looked like the only proper track car on there anyway..

It is hockenheim ... and thats not a golf anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bit pointless, I assume Capri are a tuning outfit, if they are trying to advertise their wares they did a poor job.

On the twisty bit the Subaru had the far better handling and a one point it was going away.

If they had put a few cars with 500+ BHP in the race it would make sense.

Overall they showed they could make a Golf with 580BHP go fast in a straight line. Fairly easy if you know what you are doing with engines.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

whoever was driving the lambo should be banned from driving fast cars forever. I mean, I can take a totally maxxed out golf overtaking an S3, and even a TVR but the top of the range lambo.....do me a favour.

I like that vid...

Is that Mk3 Golf still fwd? If so can't believe how well it puts the power down!!

I did have a read of the carpi website but my German is conversational at best!

if you like that get your selves to GTI International , BIG DUB , the golf always runs but it got beaten by a std looking R32 last year, but then he popped the hood and he had a twin turbo conversion on it , but get yourselves there, i should be going

[ QUOTE ]
whoever was driving the lambo should be banned from driving fast cars forever. I mean, I can take a totally maxxed out golf overtaking an S3, and even a TVR but the top of the range lambo.....do me a favour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree about the Lambo, he must have been on a cooling down lap, but I dont think that was any std. by far scooby. Handling seems to shout fwd, but then if so it puts the power down remarkably well, and that's not an easy feat to achieve with 500+ bhp.

[ QUOTE ]
if you like that get your selves to GTI International , BIG DUB , the golf always runs but it got beaten by a std looking R32 last year, but then he popped the hood and he had a twin turbo conversion on it , but get yourselves there, i should be going

[/ QUOTE ]

R32 did a 2.98s to 60mph & a 11.02 1/4m!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif