Coilover and air filter help.

I

imported_kennyf

Just got the eibach coilovers fitted and the car looks higher??? They have had to set the rears at two difrent heights to get the car level. Wots really strange is that the standard suspension had a snapped spring and the car sat level then , any ideas???

Plus the BMC filter just sukes in hot air from the engine bay , as they couldn't fit the ducting anyone else had this prob, would i be better reverting to OE filter or try and get the BMC more efficient.

Help please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

You shelled out your hard-earned cash for coilovers and a BMC CDA, and the shop didn't install either correctly!?! I'd be screaming ****** murder!

Re: the coilovers, what type are they?

Re: the CDA, the ducting to draw cold air is absolutely essential, it's what the whole thing is about. Figure that if they can't do it right, get a refund and take it to someone who can!

[ QUOTE ]
Just got the eibach coilovers fitted and the car looks higher??? They have had to set the rears at two difrent heights to get the car level. Wots really strange is that the standard suspension had a snapped spring and the car sat level then , any ideas???

Plus the BMC filter just sukes in hot air from the engine bay , as they couldn't fit the ducting anyone else had this prob, would i be better reverting to OE filter or try and get the BMC more efficient.

Help please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ridiculous.

As for the coilovers... If the old spring had been snapped, then i guess over a period of time, the rear beam could have warped and found a new level...i dont know.

BMC - A3 or S3? If its an A3 then the ducting will go down the side of the battery into the space behind the bumper...This will be the best place. if its an S3 then it will have to be fed through the inner wing.

Rich

I've managed to improvise with the filter and adapt the supplied ducting to utilise the OE ducting as the "mouth" area is the same as the BMC , just a bit more oval .

Took the car back in this morning to get the coilovers re-adjusted as it was half an inch lower on the offside reaer that the near side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

So hopefully all will be well when I collect .......

Ian, it was Drivers that did the work. Ian was it ure S3 i seen outside Yates minus its wing mirrors one night a good few weeks ago?

And folks thanks for the replies, might post some pics later for comments on my DIY filter and the final look of the coilovers.