Black stain on the ground

sandwich1987

Reaction score
As the title suggests really noticed a stain at the back of my car just infront of the rear drivers side wheel. Not sure what it is at all, it has no obvious smell to it. Its a jet black stain. i have just replaced my fuel filter and this is the general area its beneath. anyone gt any ideas. Its a 2002 bam s3 if that helps any. Cheers

Sure it's not just black s**t that's dropped off the wheel arch or something? Roads are pretty minging

I don't think so, I'm never that lucky with this car haha, I've only noticed it since I swapped the fuel filter do it must be conected to that :(

fuel isnt black though? well shouldnt be lol. no neither do i bud ive got a blown piston ring or broken valve stem seal. NICE.

id clean it up and see if it happens again. and check under car for any signs. if something is leaking your notice it

Well I have had the back end of the car up and can't see anything obvious, no oil from Haldex, rear diff or brake fluid, guess I'll just need to keep an eye on it. On a more typical note I did notice my rear xenon arm is missing and the earthing to my Haldex has corroded through :(

Yeah my haldex earth is broken. Halfords to an earth £4.99 bargain. Got one sitting here waiting to be fitted. Missing? So just a wire and connector dangling? Weird! Lol.

Yeah the metal parts missing, all I've got is the plastic part that turns to take up the suspension travel and the mount on the rear suspension, cud you do make a favour an take a picture of yours mate see if I can fabricate one lol.

087.jpg

That's how mine looked after my
Araldite fix

No worries mate. I'm sure you'll need measurements of metal rod etc So it sits at correct level

I'll take a measurement for you tomorrow mate. You a fabricator then? Might be easier to get one of an s3 that's breaking maybe. Or buy one from Audi, copy it then give it back ;)

got any plans for dropping a nuclear power plant in the engine bay? that would be a hell of a build thread :)

I thought about it but came to the conclusion I would have trouble putting the power down even with Quattro hahaha :)