Standard alarm going off without siren!!

I

imported_2219

alright guys, i was returning to my a3 the other day and noticed the indicators were going off without the sound of the siren?? i had left the windows down and alamed the car, im guessing the wind must off triggered off the senors within the car, any ideas would be most helpful, cheers.

so you dont think theres anything wrong with it? any idea off how to turn this back on?

I don't know if this is the case .. but by law your car alarm is only allowed to continously go off for a set period of time before it has to stop ( house alarms have the same thing) which is why they continue to flash.. just to let you know something is a miss.

Do you know that your alarm didn't go off.. or were you just not there at the time ?

I believe that indicators flash for a set period after the alarm siren stops.

I had the same thing happen on my S3 a couple of months ago. My first thought was that the siren was gubbed, but after sitting inside and activating the alarm the siren worked fine. I have not had this problem for a while so I let it be.

ive also tested it by sitting in the cabin as stepho, im reluctant to take it to audi incase of it being an expensive job, just had to pay to change my gearbox and clutch!!

Alarm should sound for a maximum of 30 seconds then re-arm the indicators should then flash untill the alarm is unset.