Performance exuast for 1.6 sport

Gareth a3

Reaction score
hey im gareth im new, i know its not worth tuning a 1.6 bla bla, im only 20 and would like a nice exaust that wont break the bank to much, i already have some clip on thing but makes no difference to sound any advice would be appreciated cheers.

KGrHqRHJBwE7y2kp7jBPGsKcoSw60_12.jpg

KGrHqZHJBoE7yJMVJeBPGuhyMw60_14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
basically i just want to make it sound nice and maybe add a little power obviously i know this isnt going to be massive, i dont know a lot about this what part of the exaust do i need to change.

AUDI A3 1996-2003 1.6 1.8 1.8t 20v TURBO 1.9 TDI STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST SYSTEM | eBayomething like that would do you

if your only bothered about making the back end noisy you only need back box/muffler/silencer or whatever you want to call it so this kit is probably more expensive than you need

basically i just want to make it sound nice and maybe add a little power obviously i know this isnt going to be massive, i dont know a lot about this what part of the exaust do i need to change.
Read the stickies above the section for info,an s3 gets returns on an exhaust upgrade which are minuscule so yours will be even tinier.

just get a custom backbox. you won't get any gains and it won't be any faster. just the sound really

ok kool so the only way to change sound is back box right?

please dont! just slam it on some nice wheels and it'll look nice!

would have to agree, a nice set of wheels and a set of coilovers (like the ones i have for sale!) would do far m ore for this car than a chavvy exhaust

nothing wrong with getting an exhaust as long as it ain't stupid loud. you car so do what you want

mmm getting alot of criticism about how chavvy my car is? i dont want it to sound like a helicopter, just a nice sporty note on tickover and a little little roar when i put my foot down. i havent just brought a nova or fiesta and read a copy of maxpower and stucj some neons and a chrome gear nob. And as for the r32 wheels i like them.

mmm getting alot of criticism about how chavvy my car is? i dont want it to sound like a helicopter, just a nice sporty note on tickover and a little little roar when i put my foot down. i havent just brought a nova or fiesta and read a copy of maxpower and stucj some neons and a chrome gear nob. And as for the r32 wheels i like them.

lol Gareth if members on here had a go at you believe me you'd know about it.
Decat it

Get it into long life and see what they can do. I'm always saying it, but their knowledge and customer service is A*