mods for a3

All depends what you want from your car?
Performance, better off with a 1.8t or 1.9tdi
Style, lowering and some nice alloys.

But all comes down to what you want from your car

Selling and getting a 1.8t no point modding a 1.6 unless it's for looks and sound IMO.

Cheap coilovers.
Open filter
Wheels
Carbon fibre wrap some interior?

best mods for an 1.6 a3 that doesnt cost the earth

Your looking at basics as it's non-turbo

Air Filter / Induction Kit
Stainless Manifold With De-cat Straight through

Decent coil packs, NGK's, Decent Oil 'bout the only things i can suggest...

I wanna say bigger injectors, and a re-map ecu - but dont think it will be worth the cost <-> bhp

Marcus

This thread is awesome.

If it is your first car then don't do anything to it, because you won't legally be able to afford the insirance.

This thread is awesome.

If it is your first car then don't do anything to it, because you won't legally be able to afford the insirance.

Agree, but adding splitter and painting calipers, adding original Audi wheels won't affect insurance. Whereas exhaust work and coilovers will.
I'd save your pennies. Do little bits to the 1.6 to try and increase its value then sell up mate and get something worth the £ on mods

Ahhh i was onece a boy racer, no power but plenty of noise :D id say just stick a fat foam pipercross filter on it, some nice 18inch rims ie. rs4 reps and the like, and a lower it till it scrapes :) insurance wont mind rims and an airfilter, had cars wrote off with more than that on it with no probs. good luck

Just leave it standard and save up ur no claims bonus then go wild !!

"Legally" lol

Yeah man, it's a massive deal! If an uninsured driver who had modded their car and not declared it mowed down my missus, leaving me unable to pay our mortgage, with a partner 6 feet under and a massive hole in my life without a couple of hundred grand compo to take my mind of it, what do you think I would do to them?

Modding a 1.6 non turbo car is silly, personally I would just drive it around standard and enjoy having a nice car. If you lower it amd throw wheels on it then it will only encourage the big boys to come along and make you look silly.

who said hes not insured ?

I suspect Jardo means uninsured due to it being null and void for not declaring the mods...

<tuffty/>

This is my point. The insursnce for a 1.6 A3 with coilovers, a set of wheels and spacers would almost certainly be more tham that of a better car in the first place. The suggestion of "legally lol" sums it up for me. Declaring modifications isn't a laughing matter, without putting too fine a point on it...When you get in a car you are taking other peoples lives in your hand, if a child ran out in the road in front of you and your undeclared wheels mowed them down before you could stop, I wouldn't like to know the outcome if it went to court! Just a word of warning to the OP, search for insurance costs BEFORE modding because it isn't worth the risk.

This is my point. The insursnce for a 1.6 A3 with coilovers, a set of wheels and spacers would almost certainly be more tham that of a better car in the first place. The suggestion of "legally lol" sums it up for me. Declaring modifications isn't a laughing matter, without putting too fine a point on it...When you get in a car you are taking other peoples lives in your hand, if a child ran out in the road in front of you and your undeclared wheels mowed them down before you could stop, I wouldn't like to know the outcome if it went to court! Just a word of warning to the OP, search for insurance costs BEFORE modding because it isn't worth the risk.

good job all mine are declared, and its my first car lol

yea its true after another years no claims and insurance and driving company car 80% of the time after looking for quotes for coilovers and s3 brake upgrade only making the car safer puts my insurance up on last year. but im sure if i look hard ill find it about the same. But i am getting a 2-4k pay rise this year so all is good

also, difference is a 1.8t its not the fact of it being a LOT of money, most companies wouldn't even say yes lol!! :(

also, difference is a 1.8t its not the fact of it being a LOT of money, most companies wouldn't even say yes lol!! :(

A week after my 17th birthday I owned a BMW 750IL V12 and had it as a daily driver, by the time I was 18 I had owned two V12 XJS's.

Oh the joys of an unlimited trade policy...

I just come off the phone with my mate. he works for a guy who buys and sells exotic cars and he's driving a 335d m sport to the yard to drop it off and driving back to leeds in a 2012 porshe 911 turbo at 19.

im sat in central london listening him telling me how awesome they are on trade policy while i pay 300 a month for a 1.8T lol.

I just come off the phone with my mate. he works for a guy who buys and sells exotic cars and he's driving a 335d m sport to the yard to drop it off and driving back to leeds in a 2012 porshe 911 turbo at 19.

im sat in central london listening him telling me how awesome they are on trade policy while i pay 300 a month for a 1.8T lol.

Yeah it is pretty gutting, the day I lost my trade policy was a sad one! I used to get to drive all sorts, took a 911 GT3RS home for a couple of days and used to drive an E Type as a "company car".

Now I don't have the policy it sucks, paying £100 a month for my A3 where as I never paid a penny for two years of my trade policy! :(

Yeah it is pretty gutting, the day I lost my trade policy was a sad one! I used to get to drive all sorts, took a 911 GT3RS home for a couple of days and used to drive an E Type as a "company car".

Now I don't have the policy it sucks, paying £100 a month for my A3 where as I never paid a penny for two years of my trade policy! :(

yeah sounds exactly like him. his boss gives him a daily and atm.he drives him round in the brabus mercedes as his boss lost his license in an lp-560.

atleast you got the privilege of driving these machines on public road when many pay ridiculous prices to do 3-6 laps on pro drive circuits.

funny you mentioned the gt3 RS because they had a bright green one and a stage 2 astra VXR started trying to spin up behind them on the 10 mile A46.

Edit: i would upload the pics but unsure how to on tapatalk.

Last edited: