• 1 Post By A3AH
  • 1 Post By Alex C
  • 2 Post By jojo
  • 1 Post By harvey01

Thread: why all the fuss about the badger 5 TIP

Neutral

Status

why all the fuss about the badger 5 TIP

Why is the badger 5 TIP so much better than some of its rivals (or so I hear) iv seen a few TIPs on ebay from china ect for far less in some cases about 35 quid so what is it that justifies its price tag to be so much higher?

2. # ADS
    ADS

LD3
    Neutral
    Japanese Baseball Champion

Status
    Do some reading there's FACTUAL info on the Badger 5 TIP as opposed to others, and then weigh it up. There's a reason that the ebay TIP is cheap..you pay for what you get.

I have the Badger 5 TIP and it's awesome a remearkable difference over the Forge let alone the standard item others have said similar on the forum.

It's your call at the end of the day but I wouldn't be putting anything from china for £35 on my motor.

3rd Gear

Status
    actually you really have to do some reading....badger 5 tip is a lot larger and by that it allows a lot better air flowing (which equals to more power).
    If you want you can have the 35 quid TIP, some here recommends autobahn88 tips from china but it will still be different from badger 5 ones. You can compare the chinese copies over forge lets say since they have a similar dimension (but the quality is different too)
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

4th Gear

Status
    You always get what u pay for if it's too cheap and u use it expect damage on the car and what will ur bills be like then? There are numerous people and companies like badger 5 who take their own time to invest and research to bring us fine products, yes we will always find cheap copies somewhere but nothing is like the original stuff and will always leave u happy knowing it's a recommended and well tested product, as you can see from the reactions here if something is that good its worth buying

Rant over lol
    p

THE BLUE BEAST, TAKEN FROM ME, GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
    RTECH STAGE 2 REMAP NOW RUNNING 223 BHP AND 253 FTLB OF TORQUE,
    SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE SOON TO BE RUNNING 340 BHP
    ANTI LAG/LAUNCH CONTROL/MAF LESS/ LOVE IT !!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andiz View Post
    Why is the badger 5 TIP so much better than some of its rivals (or so I hear) iv seen a few TIPs on ebay from china ect for far less in some cases about 35 quid so what is it that justifies its price tag to be so much higher?
    Your join date says it all,us members who have been here a bit longer than you know what research goes into these,also Badger is no mug regarding these engines.
    Last edited by voorhees; 3rd February 2012 at 14:35.

2nd Gear

Status
    at what point was the TIP regarded as a fuss. i thought the people on this forum just went with good reviews and facts and figures.

ive not seen anybody fussing, go buy a cheap one nobody minds lol.

5th Gear

Status
    I don't know badger in the slightest I dont take my car to him for anywork!
    Making me unbiased !!!!
    But what I do know is the guy is obsessed with the testing of any products that he puts his name to! I also know that he can always back up his claims with factual information if not hardcore evidence!
    I have a version 1 badger tip and I can quite honesty say it's one of the best mods I've done (bang for buck)!
    I know it seems quite highly priced but it does give proven results as well as smiles on buyers faces!
    I use a couple of relatively large tuning companies as well as a couple of smaller ones, and they all commented on the TIP straight away, they new exactly what it was and where it had came from, this was long before it was famous too!

Mate the badger 5 tip is the nuts you really shouldn't try and compare it too some asian ****e you've seen on eBay!
    I think that a product that has had a lot methodical and hands on research into it's construction and purpose, is worth every penny!
    I would buy another one tomorrow it's not a shoddy copy of something that the big names in tuning have produced, it's and worthwhile mod to say the least!
    And tbf it's cheap as fook when I compare it to some of the shyte I have previously bought trying to make my car the fastest s3 in the world
    I would suggest you give it try for yourself
    I was hugely impressed when I went on RR and so where other ppl
    Good work badger
    Last edited by AARON77; 3rd February 2012 at 09:05.

Comrades of Vag find us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/comradesof.vag?ref=hl

2nd Gear

Status
    to be fair sometimes i do.understand why some people question, as with forums sometimes one person suggests something and everyone follows blindly then before u know it the whole forum recommends a product from one persons experience.

but in this scenario from what ive read this isnt the case. its been tested by many and has factual evidence and testing to justify the price bracket.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3AH View Post
    to be fair sometimes i do.understand why some people question, as with forums sometimes one person suggests something and everyone follows blindly then before u know it the whole forum recommends a product from one persons .
    Totally agree with you dude that can be the case a lot of the time!

Comrades of Vag find us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/comradesof.vag?ref=hl

Neutral

Status
    Why do you want to stinge on a cheap China part?? You really do pay for what you get and don't want to compromise your car. Stay clear and go for the Badger Tip
    Current Rides:

Q7: 2007 Audi Q7 3.7FSI Black
    S3: 2000 Audi 1.8T Phantom Black, 17" Avus, Remus Cat Back, Forge DV, BMC Filter

SOLD:
    A6: 2007 Audi 2.0T FSI CVT, Oyster Grey Sedan, 18" R36 Rims,
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Manual, Black - Mods: Wett 1.1 Bar chip, 17" RS4 Replica Rims, Gauge,
    A6: 2000 Audi A6 2.4i Avant, Tiptronic. Stock standard except riding on 17" Rims
    TT: 2005 Audi TT Roadster 6 speed Auto, Phantom Black, 18" RS4 Rims

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bill's 80mm TIP thread in his forum here on ASN..
    80mm k04 high flow TIP for1.8t Audi S3/TT/Seat Leon Cupra-R

Plots in the thread are from an S3 that came in with a silicon TIP and had an 80mm TIP fitted so direct comparison as the only change was the TIP

Should be noted that silicon TIPs such as the ones on eBay you are on about are typically just silicon copies of the OEM one... no flow advantages but overcome the problem of the TIP collapsing once the car had been mapped... these TIPs are an upgrade in thier own right to the OEM for sure but nothing has given the performance increases I have seen from using the B5 one...

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 3rd February 2012 at 09:03.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Get the pitch forks !!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1483402
    Bill's 80mm TIP thread in his forum here on ASN..
    80mm k04 high flow TIP for1.8t Audi S3/TT/Seat Leon Cupra-R

Plots in the thread are from an S3 that came in with a silicon TIP and had an 80mm TIP fitted so direct comparison as the only change was the TIP

Should be noted that silicon TIPs such as the ones on eBay you are on about are typically just silicon copies of the OEM one... no flow advantages but overcome the problem of the TIP collapsing once the car had been mapped... these TIPs are an upgrade in thier own right to the OEM for sure but nothing has given the performance increases I have seen from using the B5 one...

<tuffty/>
    i think this is the only post in this thread which answers the question lol.
    Craig1.8t likes this.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Hi
    The difference in girth between stock & most aftermarket silicons like you have seen on ebay etc is part of the story why the B5 one genuinely adds power.

Most silicon TIPs are only slightly larger than the stock units, whereas the B5 TIP uniquely is full 80mm Bore to the turbos intake, with zero steps in its flow ID into the turbo..

It has worked out very well.

Available as TIP only or as full induction kit like below (for even more gains)

More info in my section here> Badger 5

thanks for reading.
    All 3 colours available from stock currently.
    :D
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    Hi
    The difference in girth between stock & most aftermarket silicons like you have seen on ebay etc is part of the story why the B5 one genuinely adds power.

Most silicon TIPs are only slightly larger than the stock units, whereas the B5 TIP uniquely is full 80mm Bore to the turbos intake, with zero steps in its flow ID into the turbo..

It has worked out very well.

Available as TIP only or as full induction kit like below (for even more gains)

More info in my section here> Badger 5

thanks for reading.
    All 3 colours available from stock currently.
    :D

Case closed.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Bill I do love the girth of your TIP mate...

Ps buy one, on a par with a remap, I gained 19 brake bolt on

The stigs ugly brother

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Bill I do love the girth of your TIP mate...

Ps buy one, on a par with a remap, I gained 19 brake bolt on
    Ha i once got told girth isnt everything, oh am i on the right forum

Status
    Now that is a phat TIP. Wish they'd been about in the days I'd had a BAM.

Never under-estimate the Badger, you only have to see his race prepped Ibiza and the 1.8T Lupo to see how serious he is about development. Makes a good brew too!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    ....Makes a good brew too!
    ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    I've just gone from a Autobahn88 TIP which I just sold (eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace) to a Badger 5 v2 TIP and all I can say is the difference is staggering. Admittedly I also changed the standard OEM air box to a Jetex to but from all the proof here it's the B5 TIP that makes most of the difference. It's not bull!

1st Gear

Status

B5 TIP

So what would the difference be performance/BHP wise between a mapped s3 runnning the B5 V2 TIP on a standard airbox and one with the Jetex cone filter?

I only ask as I have the new TIP but will be running it on a standard S3 airbox???

RIP S3dave

Status
    If you have decent large sized 80-100mm feed into airbox you will narrow the gap between a large open cone like JR one I use, and panel filter in OE airbox

Not a test I have done, but I have seen between 5-7bhp approx from Jetex only over a stock airbox on a remapped K04 car

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

6th Gear

Status
    I guess it works for the same reason Usain Bolt doesn't breath through his nose when running the 100m
    Inertiauk likes this.
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

RIP S3dave

Status
    lol - indeed.... that made me smile

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

Neutral

Status
    Just purchased mine from awesome Gti, cannot wait for it to arrive! Bill i didnt realise they dont keep them in stock, i just ordered from them as i was getting other stuff too. Don't suppose you know how long it takes to recieve from them?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    *Feedback*

Just took the missus out for the first time since having my Badger5 fitted, she goes, " is that sound?!... it's sounds broke!" lol

I told her it was an extra 20bhp, then booted it in 2nd, she shut up soon after.

She's using it today aswell, so no getting stuck in the snow!!
    warren_S5 and krisrg87 like this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2nd Gear

Status
    dont no if anyone has said but the enviroment temps are a lot diffrent from standerd to the badger and that will make a diffrence and makes it an unfair test !!
    Craig1.8t likes this.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Stop being arkward. Bill has done plenty of back to back tests, same car, same day, same temps, and seen huge gains.

The example in question has different temps yes, but the correction factors shown reflect this.

Fact is, the badger 5 TIP is an amazing bit of kit, and more than worth the price compared to cheaper alternatives.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Neutral

Status
    yes i did notice the temps were alot lower when testing the new tip but i think iv made my mind up about what to buy. How much are the heatshields for the filter and can you buy them without the filter?
    ps my join date if you looked tells you iv been on here just over a year

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Fact is, the badger 5 TIP is an amazing bit of kit, and more than worth the price compared to cheaper alternatives.
    On that informative note Nick thread locked