Turbo gasket! + new xs power manifold

liquids3

Reaction score
For a while now have noticed black stuff forming on my underside of the bonet,anyway today decided to fit my new xs power manifold,and results in i had a cracked turbo manifold gasket,did think it was splutering under boost!.the new manifold looks so much less restrictive,would recomend getting one,il fit it back on tomoz and let you know the difference!

For a while now have noticed black stuff forming on my underside of the bonet,anyway today decided to fit my new xs power manifold,and results in i had a cracked turbo manifold gasket,did think it was splutering under boost!.the new manifold looks so much less restrictive,would recomend getting one,il fit it back on tomoz and let you know the difference!

Great news! Heard that they make a great difference.

I too have the same relentless/xspower mani in a box next to me mate, bought through sam bryant for £197 and couldn't agree more...it is a thing of beauty!!

I'm also fitting tomorrow with a stage 3 K04 hybrid, lcr brembo's and a bucket of other stuff. The custom remap will then take place and the figures should prove interesting.

I'll also whack up the findings and perhaps pop around to compare notes!

So excited about seeing Dyno figures for standard ko4 turbos with these manifolds, the only figures we've seen to date are Wellys with the CR hybrid that's now on my car!

Good luck chaps! Mine is off to Rtech on Saturday :)

Yea il try get some pics!,the mani is off now,new gasket and will put back on tomoz!,not a nice job though,just glad ive found something that can get me abit more power back (gasket),and yea jim pop in you know your always welcome!,and prawn,the last dyno i went to i was 257 without recent remap tip decat n75 airbox ect,so will have to make it abit higher and go to badger 5 to see what she gets!

Change of plan, mine will be done monday/tuesday now as something has cropped up. I'll take some pics and show dyno results once all in situ.

Will pop around when all in!

Wel the result of mine is a pain in the ***!,old manifold was cracked (not a problem),gasket cracked (not a problem),turbo cracked (what a cxxt),so just striped of the turbo (nice and easy),not!,going to get my mates old k04 tonite,il put that on for a while,then hybrid it in a few months!,what a pain in the ***!,rant over!

Thats a shame but at least your sorting all the leaks out and it should fly afterwards...:icon_thumright:
Very true!,thats the good part!,just not a nice job!,a nice big cider now me thinks!

Wel the result of mine is a pain in the ***!,old manifold was cracked (not a problem),gasket cracked (not a problem),turbo cracked (what a cxxt),so just striped of the turbo (nice and easy),not!,going to get my mates old k04 tonite,il put that on for a while,then hybrid it in a few months!,what a pain in the ***!,rant over!

I'm so sorry to hear that. Had the same problem...cracked many and turbo, hence xs power and hybrid going in...best part of £1200 out of pocket in 3 weeks + £500 for the lcr brembo's...i'll join you with cider sometime soon!

I was bittng my fingernails reading this looking forward to the result but hope u get the car sorted and can see some results soon good luck to ya !

I'm so sorry to hear that. Had the same problem...cracked many and turbo, hence xs power and hybrid going in...best part of £1200 out of pocket in 3 weeks + £500 for the lcr brembo's...i'll join you with cider sometime soon!
Yea was happy with getting mani for £175 new untill this,hybrid in few months,or alot more power and alot more money lol!,yea thank xs power you have made us **** heads,lol,yea let me know!

I was bittng my fingernails reading this looking forward to the result but hope u get the car sorted and can see some results soon good luck to ya !
Yea i need it half the engine bay striped lol,early day for me tomoz,hope for a hot day not snow!

Liquid how long did it take u to get the mani off mate
Um wel in the meenwhile of doing the job i was answering phones and doing receipts and odd jobs inbeetween doin mani!,the mani took a good two three hours,trying to find the 13 bolts ect!,and the turbo with all its brackets and oil feed's about another one and a half lol!,good job my batterey and water bottel have been removed good place to sit!,and another good thing is another early oil and coolent change now!

That not to bad then it's just I'm getting an xs mani soon but already got the hybrid on so just be a case of mani realy or would I have to take turbo off again

That not to bad then it's just I'm getting an xs mani soon but already got the hybrid on so just be a case of mani realy or would I have to take turbo off again
Wel its only three bolts for the turbo of,thats the easy part!,so no you can just move the turbo out of the way!,take of exhaust hangers and drop out of the way!,i wish mine was just mani now!

Wel its only three bolts for the turbo of,thats the easy part!,so no you can just move the turbo out of the way!,take of exhaust hangers and drop out of the way!,i wish mine was just mani now!

lol bet ya do pal hope all goes well for ya lad might after give it a try
scared of the xs mani bolts I no there going to be tight

lol bet ya do pal hope all goes well for ya lad might after give it a try
scared of the xs mani bolts I no there going to be tight
it'l be easyer putting the new mani back on me thinks,more room on the flange,will let you know!

hello liquids3. its sam here. i saw you at the tip the other day and b5 rolling road day :)

Really? Sounds like you've not tried yet :p 2 of them are a complete nightmare!
No geting turbo sorted tomoz,so will put back on tomoz!,the one on the turbo side looks hard!,its never that easy though is it!,fun day ahead then!

hello liquids3. its sam here. i saw you at the tip the other day and b5 rolling road day :)
Alright mate,you ok?,sorry could'nt talk for long,a few people wer getting pissi because we wer talking had to go really!,hope your well!

yeah im good thanks. getting all the bits ready for my engine rebuild. dont worry its not blown up if just upgrading :D do you have a 3"dp yet?

yeah im good thanks. getting all the bits ready for my engine rebuild. dont worry its not blown up if just upgrading :D do you have a 3"dp yet?
No stupid i know,but just doing it bit by bit,will need a forge front mount after dp as wel!,all exuast done execpt dp!,mainly bought mani because it was cheep and new!,so you goin big power now then?

Ok wel as you know my turbo was cracked in three places,freinds turbo i was goin to have is the same!,does any1 have a k04 or hybrid for sale??

Update today - Car in pieces and disassembled in about 2hrs 30 mins. The mani has taken about 2 further hours of ars*ng about to fit.

It's tough with so little space, how some have fitted without any component removal is a mystery.

It's on now though but now have to put the heatshield back in...another ball ache. Hopefully have the turbo back on shortly and then reconstruct before i give up for the night.

Liquid: They will all be cracked, just put it back on and ignore. It'll continue working just fine until you get your hybrid sorted.

****** it, me and my mechanic chap are going to attempting to fit mine this week, had a good chat with him today he certainly isn't looking forward to it... Would of done it today but TPS are being useless.

I know my manifold is cracked but I'm
going to hope the turbo is fine

Liquid: They will all be cracked, just put it back on and ignore. It'll continue working just fine until you get your hybrid sorted.

Agreed. My K04 was working comfortably and it had a crack all the way around the throat - manifold was the only thing holding it together really :-/ - still kept on going.

When i put some light on the K04 turbo housing after taking it off today, i had a 3 inch crack down the side...my bhp/lb power loss was instantly explained. Glad i bought the K04 stage 3 hybrid now.

Amazingly though...the oem mani looked in perfect order. Still glad i have the xspower mani going in...it does look good, if very very snug in there. Hopefully it'll be worth the a*se ache today. 8 hours and counting...Hopefully it'll all be back together in the next hour or so.

Then Brembo's, full service and custom remap tomorrow prior to posting the results. Hope it's all worth it!!

Agreed. My K04 was working comfortably and it had a crack all the way around the throat - manifold was the only thing holding it together really :-/ - still kept on going.
Yea true,just was thinking of hybrid by end of summer anyway,do'nt want to take of again!,(s3 tt) user name is on to it so,should all go to plan!

When i put some light on the K04 turbo housing after taking it off today, i had a 3 inch crack down the side...my bhp/lb power loss was instantly explained. Glad i bought the K04 stage 3 hybrid now.

Amazingly though...the oem mani looked in perfect order. Still glad i have the xspower mani going in...it does look good, if very very snug in there. Hopefully it'll be worth the a*se ache today. 8 hours and counting...Hopefully it'll all be back together in the next hour or so.

Then Brembo's, full service and custom remap tomorrow prior to posting the results. Hope it's all worth it!!
it will!,just happy to get more power this year!

Yeah mine ran fine like this:

9c8ee8db.jpg

CIMG6930.jpg

Was slightly under power though :(

Yeah mine ran fine like this:

9c8ee8db.jpg

CIMG6930.jpg

Was slightly under power though :(
not great then!,mine has four crack's in the same place!,and one crack going through the whole turbo!,i recon 90% of s3's on hear are cracked,just hard to see power loss!,mine was splutering under certain boost!

not great then!,mine has four crack's in the same place!,and one crack going through the whole turbo!,i recon 90% of s3's on hear are cracked,just hard to see power loss!,mine was splutering under certain boost!

I think you're right. My turbo would only flow enough to create 230bhp so that was a sign that it was not healthy. I'm hoping that my 8 month old brand new K04 will have what it takes to get close to 300bhp.

I think you're right. My turbo would only flow enough to create 230bhp so that was a sign that it was not healthy. I'm hoping that my 8 month old brand new K04 will have what it takes to get close to 300bhp.
We should have a thread,who has had there mani turbo of,and who has a cracked turbo,they must all be cracked!