Volks AutosChris Nott
    imported_Strider81

Desperate Help With Insurance

Trying to get myself insured on my s3 as for the past 9 months while ive been finishing my degree i have leant it to my sister.

Thing is when i bought it for insurace purposes i registered my old dear as the owner but now she wants all the paper work in my name and I also want to start collecting some NCD.

Im 23 with one driviing convition (SP60) and one theft claim (Ł100).

Please can anyone tell me where i can get a good deal or any ways of getting my premium cheaper!

so far my cheapest quote was Ł2500 from elephant and I dont wanna pay that! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status

Re: Desperate Help With Insurance

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's going to be expensive which ever way you look at it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Goodluck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

Numptie of the highest order

Status

ummm... good luck... just try calling everywhere the places below might be a good start.

Adrian Flux
    Direct Line
    Lloyds TSB
    Tesco

I'm 23 with 3 years NCB and no points, no claims, in what I think is quite a good post code any mines only went below a 1k on last renewal. think the best was Ł850 from Lloyds from memory.

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Trying to get myself insured on my s3 as for the past 9 months while ive been finishing my degree i have leant it to my sister.

Thing is when i bought it for insurace purposes i registered my old dear as the owner but now she wants all the paper work in my name and I also want to start collecting some NCD.

Please can anyone tell me where i can get a good deal or any ways of getting my premium cheaper!

so far my cheapest quote was Ł2500 from elephant and I dont wanna pay that! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate, those claims etc. must be really w*nk, I'm with elephant on my '01 (made a difference) S3. Mine cost me Ł680, with 2 yeaars ncb, 10 months though, but still! MY renewal was 840 with admiral though.

imported_Gibbsy

i have a 1.8t and i'm with elephant, i'm only 20 with a SP30 and cost me Ł1400 had i added my g/f b4 taking it out would have cost Ł1000.

Do yourself a favour add a woman with a clean licence and no claims as an added driver makes a differance as you can see from my qoutes

6th Gear

Status

I got a quote form Admiral online for 600 quid my renual from Tescos was 1500. Big difference.
    Thas is with an SP50 and a CU30.
    Best thing to do is ring around and eveywhere if you put in the leg work you will get good results.

imported_Yaseen

Directline is one of the best for young drivers

Neutral

Status

jeez..

just insured my 99 1.8T with Bell Direct for 450 with protected NCD, as have 5yrs.

but kinda takes me back when I had a clapped our Renault 19 and that cost around 900 quid a year which was pretty much the value of the car...lol

imported_Nigma

On average, what would you expect a single SP offence to add to the premium?

(Think i may have just clocked up my first one last night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], doing 85+ in a 70)

4th Gear

Status

im 22 with 6 points and an audi S3 and 4 years NCB

Direct Line charge me Ł700 full comp

Hope that helps

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    On average, what would you expect a single SP offence to add to the premium?

(Think i may have just clocked up my first one last night [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], doing 85+ in a 70)

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the insurer, could be zilch, as most peoples have an offence or onother these days or in my case 3 years ago, it was +Ł30 on the premium. Now got a clean record though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

I'm 22, (turnin 23 soon) with Elephant, first time got a car under my name with "bonus accelerater" for the no-claims free, and I'm payin Ł2300 (it's a fair bit but I think pretty good considering it's the first time I have a car under my own name)

5th Gear

Status

Remember that adding a female driver with experience (your mum) to policy may bring it down.
    i am with bell direct (sister of admiral and elephant - who i was with 4 years prev.) and it reduced my premium by 100.
    My mum lives in london and will never drive my car but hey if it saves me money - what do i care!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

try playing with the variables on the online quote systems and work out what is best for you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

if u have a years ncb then try greenlight

Vroom Vroom

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is gonna be expensive whatever you try.

S3+Young driver+conviction+No NCD = OUCH!

I'm 25 with 4 years NCD, and elephant was my 2nd best quote at around Ł800 with protected NCD IIRC. Best quote came from Egg.com.

As some of the guys have said try and get a female with a good record to go the main driver. It's probably your only hope.

Good Luck......

imported_Strider81

Cheers for the info guys will have the old dear on as the occassional driver then and do the leg work-will let u know how it goes!

imported_Strider81

got my premium down from Ł2500 with elephant to Ł1500 with elephant by just adding my sister!!!!

RESULT!!!!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

thanks alot for the advice guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif[/img]

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    got my premium down from Ł2500 with elephant to Ł1500 with elephant by just adding my sister!!!!

RESULT!!!!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

thanks alot for the advice guys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, now go and drive it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

RESULT!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably the first and only time your sister will save you a grand! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

very well said Ian, however im sure if you tell her she'll find a way to spend the money you saved on her.. always do..

imported_Strider81

lol! na she already owes me as i leant her the car and she saw the light n just bought herself a 04 3.2 quattro!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

damn.. sounds like she dont need your money lol

imported_Gibbsy

Yeh i'd say adding a woman instead of using them as the named driver is cheaper, dont know why just seems to work that way.

4th Gear

Status

huh

so if i put my mum on the policy as a named driver it will lower my price?????

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    huh

so if i put my mum on the policy as a named driver it will lower my price?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it a try! you may be suprised?

1st Gear

Status

Mine went down a Ł100 as soon as I added my girlfriend....

4th Gear

Status

just tried direct line and they added Ł50

elephant reduced by Ł150 but it was still more than direct line by myself...

nice trick to know for the future though

1st Gear

Status

I am with elephant so that would make sense. Will try direct line next year.