Badger5Sky Insurance
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

No Dump Valve noise?

Hey guys, a week ago I fitted my AMD "turbo dynamics" DV, (as pictured below) I currently got the standard air filter, and so I didn't expect to hear much. All I heard was a slightly louder turbo spool (or maybe it was in my head).

Now..I'm getting to something. The other day I fitted my brother's K&N filter (pictured below), so I expected to hear some sort of DV noise which I was looking forward to, but to my disappointment I didn't get Jack, lol. Only a louder engine suction noise. Now a while back someone posted a video of how the AMD DV should sound with an induction kit, and mine does not even come close. Now is this because I don't have a cold air feed? because I'm getting a TDA air filter next month and want to know what to expect. In general how can I get a louder DV noise without going for an atmospheric DV, because I like the re-circulating ones?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

...Watching you!

Status

Re: No Dump Valve noise?

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey guys, a week ago I fitted my AMD "turbo dynamics" DV, (as pictured below) I currently got the standard air filter, and so I didn't expect to hear much. All I heard was a slightly louder turbo spool (or maybe it was in my head).

Now..I'm getting to something. The other day I fitted my brother's K&N filter (pictured below), so I expected to hear some sort of DV noise which I was looking forward to, but to my disappointment I didn't get Jack, lol. Only a louder engine suction noise. Now a while back someone posted a video of how the AMD DV should sound with an induction kit, and mine does not even come close. Now is this because I don't have a cold air feed? because I'm getting a TDA air filter next month and want to know what to expect. In general how can I get a louder DV noise without going for an atmospheric DV, because I like the re-circulating ones?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure the vacuum pipe is connected properly at both ends. Also make sure that the piston isnt stuck (take it out the inlet hose and push the piston up with your finger) You should definately hear it with a cone filter on!

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

cheers rich, I'll try that out. By the inlet hose do you mean the bit that's going into the airfilter tube?

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    cheers rich, I'll try that out. By the inlet hose do you mean the bit that's going into the airfilter tube?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

ok, well I just took out my DV, and all the pipes are in place, only one thing. I seem to have over tightened the vacuum pipe and squashed that small plastic adapter thing on the top of the DV, so only a slight space for air to run through. I had a slightly bigger one that came with the DV so I just fitted that on now. I wanted to ask, which vacum pipe adapter do most people use? The bigger or smaller one?

5th Gear

Status

depends on your pipe diameter.

my s3 used the smaller one till i snapped it clean off.

fitted a brass one instead now.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

where'd u get it from? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

a supplier at work got it for me.

Ive got the exact same DV and yes mine is louder than OEM.

Sounds like youve crushed the part which opens the DV when off throttle so no boost is being recirced!

Numptie of the highest order

Status

ummm... I didn't notice any change in noise when I fitted my DV from AmD and that's the way they said it should be.

there might be a slight difference, but I'm normally too busy driving, also I didn't buy it for noise, I bought it because I wanted something more reliable than OEM.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    ummm... I didn't notice any change in noise when I fitted my DV from AmD and that's the way they said it should be.

there might be a slight difference, but I'm normally too busy driving, also I didn't buy it for noise, I bought it because I wanted something more reliable than OEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running the original air filter though?

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

opps, and yes I did crush mine, I'll try postin a pic soon

Status

yep... mine is standard, I guess you would expect more noise if you change the air filter, but still I don't think the DV will be louder than the OEM one with different air filter!

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

well here's the pin head that I squessshed, I'm now using the slightly fatter adapter, it was a slight squeeze to get in but nothin major.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Hey I also wanted to ask one more thing. When I took out the DV, I'd push the spring up then close the pipe and release the spring and it would slowley unwind only once I'd left my finger does it make the pop noise. Now is the spring supposed to slowley sink back to it's original position?

Status

the spring in my DV both oem and AmD both spring back hard, infact I think the various suggestions to improve things are to make it even faster... might be worth checking if it doesn't snap shut straight away!