Which Remap is best?

s3 addict

Reaction score
I have an S3 210 bhp and i'm looking to remap. I've heard good things about Revo but I'd like other peoples opinions and views on remaps they've had done. Any advice will be appreciated. On a separate note, I changed my Cam Chain Tensioner today, the old unit was completely seized on the sprung side. What a difference in performance the new part made!

Right, lots of info on this forum which ultimately comes down to what sort of map you want. All will provide similar power but in different ways. Example I have revo and my cousin has custom code on his s3. Both quick enough but in different ways. Revo tend to have very low down torque which really shoves you back. The custom code has a much more progressive acceleration which doesn't feel as fast but in the real world and looking at speedos I really doubt there will be much difference. There are lots of mappers out there. If I were you I'd see who was local and hitch a ride to see which you prefer.

APY Engined S3 here with SuperChips remap and delighted with it, nice smoooth delivery and good power all through rev range, some maps are moer aggresssive in delivery but all remap to about the same power wise. I dont think you would be dissappointed with any remap from a major supplier

I live local to monster motorsport in Loughborough, they offer a free Revo trial so was thinking of maybe having a go. I'm not too fussed about tonnes of power but I would like a bit more and I want to keep a balance between power and economy. I heard that with a revo tune you'll be seeing 40 mpg+ with average driving. I'm lucky to see 30 mpg. That's 260 bhp and more ecomony! How is this possible??

I live local to monster motorsport in Loughborough, they offer a free Revo trial so was thinking of maybe having a go. I'm not too fussed about tonnes of power but I would like a bit more and I want to keep a balance between power and economy. I heard that with a revo tune you'll be seeing 40 mpg+ with average driving. I'm lucky to see 30 mpg. That's 260 bhp and more ecomony! How is this possible??

In short no. Not with daily average driving. I have achieved 41mpg once on a drive from Coventry into London however this was by very careful driving and hardly any traffic. With same driving style and shorter journeys the car does nearly and indicated 30mpg. On average I would say I get about 330-350 miles to a full tank.

Well at least it's no worse than I'm getting now so I'll be happy with that. I've heard the S3 being called sluggish a lot online and after remaps they're completely different and would match any early Scooby. My mates owns an S2 and that is amazingly quick in the lower gears and keeps up with any car off the lights. I'm not the racer type but it's nice to be able to pull away from known fast cars in a stealthy Audi :blackrs4: