HELP revo trial blocking my new map

spencer-s3

2nd gear
Reaction score
Any help befor i speak to revo tomorrow whould be appreciated boys.

I took my S3 today to have a remapped only a simple stage 1 but to my disappointment i was told that the revo trial is blocking communication..

is there sum way it can be taken off or will it have to go back to revo??

i dont want a revo map:banghead:

Where are you trying to have it mapped?

I had this issue when I took my daily to Rtech, the car had a revo trial on it previously before my ownership, and it kept blocking Nick out of getting into the ECU to flash a new map.

In the end I think it took him over an hour to crack it, by doing something fancy when booting up. I got the impression from what he said at the time that most mappers would be unable to crack the locked ECU

Speak to Carl at Revo in the service centre on Monday, he should be able to guide your people through the process

I had this issue when I took my daily to Rtech, the car had a revo trial on it previously before my ownership, and it kept blocking Nick out of getting into the ECU to flash a new map.

In the end I think it took him over an hour to crack it, by doing something fancy when booting up. I got the impression from what he said at the time that most mappers would be unable to crack the locked ECU

Yea think I best speak to my local revo dealer as my friend who put the new map on for me isn't that clued up on pc mapping etc, he just reads the ECU with some programme & sends a copy to out side company who then send him a new map to suit my car at a cost,

Don't think he has the vitamins to passed the block in place from revo..

Hope revo can just remove it for me

Most decent tools can map over a Revo... failing that boot mode will do it...

<tuffty/>

Yea think I best speak to my local revo dealer as my friend who put the new map on for me isn't that clued up on pc mapping etc, he just reads the ECU with some programme & sends a copy to out side company who then send him a new map to suit my car at a cost,

Don't think he has the vitamins to passed the block in place from revo..

Hope revo can just remove it for me

Revo code can't normally be read out by anything other than Revo tools... this is why your friend can't map it... technically copyright theft and Revo wouldn't be at all happy that you have done that...

<tuffty/>

Revo code can't normally be read out by anything other than Revo tools... this is why your friend can't map it... technically copyright theft and Revo wouldn't be at all happy that you have done that...

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty
So in sort if revo won't remove the trial I'm stuffed, that's a bit of a con don't ya think?

What's boot mode mate? I'm no novice when I comes to computer but I'm not sure if my mate can sort

Go to your local revo dealer and get them to flash it with the stock file.

If you fancy a remap just do it , revo trial screws you from what I've heard. You may as well just go revo if you're doing the trial,or research first if you want to get the map done and find the right provider.

Revo disable the obd flashing, if you flash the ecu by using bootmode . Pin 24 . You won't have any proble
s . your tuner should know this!

Revo disable the obd flashing, if you flash the ecu by using bootmode . Pin 24 . You won't have any proble
s . your tuner should know this!

Any help befor i speak to revo tomorrow whould be appreciated boys.

I took my S3 today to have a remapped only a simple stage 1 but to my disappointment i was told that the revo trial is blocking communication..

is there sum way it can be taken off or will it have to go back to revo??

i dont want a revo map:banghead:

simple.. take to a decent mapper with tools to suit..
not a pikey mapper with shyte tools and likely shyte map/knowedge of the me7 to back it up

nothing "fancy" at all
boot mode. simples

A simple egay galletto can manage this...