Haldex oil change?

Danman1

Thorough noob
Reaction score
Hi all, just been quoted £138 for a Haldex oil and filter change for my 2002 S3. Good price or bad price?

Dan

JBS Charge £75 + VAT don't know if they're any good.

Considering doing it yourself?

New genuine haldex oil and filter is £40. 30 min job really but look at an hour to cover it. So between £75-£100 is a sensible price. £138 means they're pretty much charging £100 labour which is alot!

How often should be changing the haldex oil and filter?

Cheers,
Erf

I was told it should be changed every 2 years or 20,000 miles, but 'no one does it apparently' according to my garage that is. I thought £138 was a bit expensive for the change, especially as the guy showed me the actual filter, which consisted of just a little plastic cap!

I see you are from Brum, where did you get that quote from, its a bit on the steep side, i just got quoted £75 all in from a place in Warwick, which isnt too far away.

Ideally oil is meant to be changed every 20k and filter every 40k.

Agree with him ^^^. It's a really simple job that you can do yourself with the right tool to remove the filter. 20k oil and 40k filter replacement as Nilz said.

yeh...All very simple - is that working with the car jacked up on the garage floor ? or is this using your garage ramps/pit that you happen to have handy in your garage ?