Interesting Car!!!

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
Have a look at this car... S3 REPLICA ! 2002 AUDI A3 TDI SPORT BLUE, STUNNING, NO RESERVE | eBay....bit odd that it's a TDi S3 replica yet it has S3 rear arches!!!!! WTF??

I saw this, I thought it was a REALLY nice looking car!

Well finished, and not a bad price for a GOOD facelift TDi.

looks well but have you seen his feedback

Interesting statement about the V5... who the hell would buy a car without a V5??...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: scoobyra
that car looks nice but smells proper rotten!! the feedback is even worse in one statement says he was a very aggressive about after sales due to lack of paperwork!

I wonder if its a S3 with diesel running gear... hmmmm, could be quite nice if it was a quattro

more likely just to be a cut and shut though really

I was going to look at a TDI with an S3 front end.

Turns out it was cat D, and the seller supposedly hadn't been told by the dealer he got it from!

ha ha, he has sold 7 cars on ebay, and had bad feedback for 4 of them. you would have to be some sort of ****** to buy a car off this bloke, shame because if that car is genuine, then its prob the best s3 rep ive seen

"Ive had so much interest in the car its unreal" If it's so good then why hasn't it sold already? Sounds like plenty have looked & walked away...

Interesting statement about the V5... who the hell would buy a car without a V5??...

<tuffty/>

Me, I've done it probably 20 times without problems.

-

The way you guys rip apart anything that comes up on Ebay is hilarious, for all you know this car could be mint. It certainly looks better than a lot of your cars from the photo's!

Chill out guys, are any of you going to buy it? Have any of you seen it? Have any of you met the seller? So why do you need to comment...

Reactions: S3 D2HTY
yes car COULD be fine, but would you really be willing to buy something from anyone with such a bad reputation?

An S3 body with a diesel engine!!!!!

Limited edition lol

How do you know it's an S3 body though? How do you know that the previous owner didn't do it all properly?

Not being funny, but somebody posts a picture of a disgusting 8P conversion that's been done well but still looks **** and everybody says it's amazing workmanship and looks good. Then this comes up on ebay, which may well be one of the best S3 reps I've personally seen...and everybody says it's dodgy?

I've got S3 bumpers, and my car isn't dodgy/a write off?!

How do you know it's an S3 body though? How do you know that the previous owner didn't do it all properly?

Not being funny, but somebody posts a picture of a disgusting 8P conversion that's been done well but still looks **** and everybody says it's amazing workmanship and looks good. Then this comes up on ebay, which may well be one of the best S3 reps I've personally seen...and everybody says it's dodgy?

I've got S3 bumpers, and my car isn't dodgy/a write off?!

Not sure why your aiming that at me?
But it's ok I've got broad shoulders dude

Mate I never said I did or didnt like the 8p conversion, just said it wasn't for me!

And I never said this car was dodgy I just said " it has an s3 body with a diesel engine ?"

Note the question marks dude
Clearly it's not an s3 no mention of 4x4 !
And it just all looks a bit wrong
I'm sure it's the nuts of a replica you should buy it

I didnt mean to sound like I was aiming it at you Aaron, was just making a statement in general.

An S3 body with a diesel engine!!!!!

Limited edition lol

Ever thought Audi was missing a trick here? Maybe it's against their S model ethos, but an S3-D or an S4-D with the wide body and quattro would sell bucket loads! But I guess an S-Line is near enough the same thing these days.

Me, I've done it probably 20 times without problems.

-

The way you guys rip apart anything that comes up on Ebay is hilarious, for all you know this car could be mint. It certainly looks better than a lot of your cars from the photo's!

Chill out guys, are any of you going to buy it? Have any of you seen it? Have any of you met the seller? So why do you need to comment...
Fkn jardo.....;)

You have bought 20 cars with no V5 ,,,,,:think:

This car is not a replica,, it is an s3,,, where does he mention £100s on arch work rework? the fact is he does not know....or does he?

Vehicle enquiry

The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for AE02 AAN are:
Date of Liability01 05 2012
Date of First Registration01 03 2002
Year of Manufacture2002
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1896cc
CO2 Emissions138g/Km
Fuel TypeHEAVY OIL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusLicence Not Due
Vehicle ColourBLUE
Vehicle Type ApprovalM1

Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate£63.25
12 Months Rate£115.00

Please be aware that if the vehicle has recently been relicensed or a SORN declared, these details may not yet be updated on the vehicle record.
If you think that the details on the vehicle record are incorrect please write to:VCSDVLASwanseaSA99 1BAPlease include the incorrect V5C Registration Certificate for amendment.

Had a play on the tax disc enquiry database and it comes back as a 1.9tdi, so may turn out to be a top notch conversion.

That's not to say it hasn't been ringed though and i always think that no V5 seems a bit suspect.

Fkn jardo.....;)

You have bought 20 cars with no V5 ,,,,,:think:

This car is not a replica,, it is an s3,,, where does he mention £100s on arch work rework? the fact is he does not know....or does he?

Yep, I have bought loads of cars without V5's, I have always made the seller do a HPI on them and you are clear. This thread just goes to prove ASN is full of moaning middle agers Dave :p, it CLEARLY says in the listing he has just taken it in PX so why would you expect him to know all about it?

Why are you saying "it's an S3" or "it's a ringer", just because the guy doesn't have the log book at the moment and doesn't know everything about the car it stop you from going down there and having a good look round it and picking up a bargain. He might even take your S3 in PX!

Have you guys ever looked at the massive lettering on the top of your V5 which says this...

20120130_074950.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha your to funny.....:haha:

It only takes 2 weeks to get a V5 nowadays, anyway **** it i would skip to the next car for sale....
You are right it could be a bargain, but if he cant sort a main document of a car out before a sale what else is missing, mainly from the description...
I think you should buy it and chance the 21st vehicle purchase without a V5..;)

I have both bought and sold cars with No V5 present.

The V5 really doesnt mean much these days and a hand written signed receipt is actually more useful in the eyes of the law when it comes to proving ownership.

The reason a lot of folk now sell or buy with no V5 present is the time it takes to get it from DVLA if you have :

A) Transferred a private plate to or from a car - Circa 4-6 weeks
B) Taken a car as a PX - Circa 4-6 Weeks
C) Bought a car at an auction - Timescale could be upto 8 weeks

The reason it takes so long these days is that DVLA are getting hammered with V5 requests as now local offices in Scotland are in the process of being shut down so all their admin work recently has been getting sent down to HQ in Swansea.

There is the odd occasion you might get a V5 back in a couple of weeks but out of the 40+ cars I have bought and sold over the years I thnk I have had a V5 back within 2 weeks about twice if your lucky !

Sometimes traders sell a car and dont process the V5 straight away such is the case at an auction house. They sell 1,000's of cars a day in some cases so by the time they gather up all the V5's to send off that can add a week or so onto the already long delay at DVLA hence I have seen me waiting upto 8 weeks for a V5 to come through !

There is no problem at all with buying or selling a car with a V5, you just have to be vigilant and do all the checks. You can easily call DVLA whilst viewing the car quoting the VIN number etc and find out all the information you need to know if you are really that concerned.

I hate to admit it but I really have snapped up some bargains by actuallly haggling on the price due to the fact no V5 is present knowing full well its really not hard to get a replacement, especially if you even just get the green V5/c slip !

iv had to get v5s for other vehicles. One didnt turn up, so I applied for a new one, and then 2 turned up... Another was for a bike, which had been off the road for a few years, so I applied for a new one. So not ever a problem unless the car is registered as stolen.

Like said a written receipt with all details on it is far more valuable. But if you were serious about this car you would have to go see it and base your judgement on the condition of the car, any sign of it being a ringer, and the attitude of the seller.

Does seem like a brilliant rep if it is, lots of money spent for it to get this way, which you would want to see reciepts for, unless you really are naive...

Everyone seems to be missing the point here. I don't know ANY 8l TDi's with S3 rear arches!!!!!!

When I asked him the question on ebay the answer he gave was that the previous owner did the conversion work.

Everyone seems to be missing the point here. I don't know ANY 8l TDi's with S3 rear arches!!!!!!

When I asked him the question on ebay the answer he gave was that the previous owner did the conversion work.

I'll hazard a guess at that being because....The previous owner actually did the work.

Replacing arches isn't a problem, when Prawn walked into Audi with his 10 year old, 150K A3 and demanded that they replace the 1/4's because they were rotten they still did it. Who's to say this guy didn't get hold of a pair of S3 rear 1/4's and have a bodyshop fit them.