Chris NottSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status

Re: Do you let your misses drive your pride and joy?

[ QUOTE ]

picks me up from the heli-port etc...no big issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

er... yeah i'm always using the helicopter... getting a bit tired of it now though!

what do u do, if u don't mind me asking?!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Thanks God my misses drives my motor very well [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

Even this morning she made 400km with it.

( I hope I don't receive any speeding ticket in home...) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Starsky

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Balls to it man ... I do an 80 mile daily commute and I use the S3 - I didn't buy it for it to sit on the driveway.

Sure it'll lose a bit of value due to high miles and it's not the most economical car on the road but spending the amount of time a day in car I do I want it to be in as nice a place as possible.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I do 50 miles a day in my S3. If I'm going to spend up to 2 hours a day in a car it should be as enjoyable as I can make it, and the S3 certainly helps me achieve that enjoyment.

I've let my girlfriend drive my S3 on a few occassions, but I've always been with her, although if she really needed to, I'd have no problems letting her drive it alone. To be honest she knows how anal I am about it so probably wouldn't want to drive without me in the car.

She has a 75 bhp, 1.4 polo, (x plate), which is bloody good anyway. It looks just like a GTi and goes really well. I'd be happy with a Polo as my only car actually. It's comfortable, looks good, is really economical and is pretty nippy.

2nd Gear

Status

heheheheheh...........yes, only once, and she drove it thro my front door!!! (foot slipped off the clutch)

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Wouldn't let my girlfriend NEAR my car!
    I gave her a car 6 months ago (M reg punto [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and it has racked up 2 nakered wheeld, 6 lost wheel trims, front and rear bumpers scuffed, rear wheel arch bent in/scratched to hell and a cracked front numper plate.

No way with a record like that she's getting the keys to my pristine S3!!!

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Balls to it man ... I do an 80 mile daily commute and I use the S3 - I didn't buy it for it to sit on the driveway.

Sure it'll lose a bit of value due to high miles and it's not the most economical car on the road but spending the amount of time a day in car I do I want it to be in as nice a place as possible.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with monty, i was donig 80+ miles a day in mine and wanted to be in the best place possible when spending 2-3hours in rush hour!

And the only time I have let the missis use the ca is to reverse it off the drive once to get her car out! I was so paranoid, I had to watch her frmot he bedroom window....she parked it about a foot away from the kerb, then gave me the look of .... did I do alright!

Hmmm, to stresfull for me lettnig her drive it Im afraid. Esp when she ring me up in tears quite often having pranged her Ford Ka on smoething or other!

Hell no! Drive it yourself mate!

Saying that tho, other girls might be ok

e.g Glens missis.

Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

Status

Went to Morzine in mine the other month and my GF drove part of the way, so yeah! It's only a car, FFS!

1st Gear

Status

I let my other half drive my S3 when I had it, but she would only volunteer on rare occasions and when I wanted to drink.

Perhaps the secret is to stop herusing it all the time do what I did, buy her a Daewoo Matiz, practical A-B car with bugger all power, then give her the S3 at weekends. She'll only drive it every so often as not used to the power and everyone is happy!

Hiccup a few months ago though when she ordered a Seat Ibiza 1.2 Expression?? It's red and basic but decent enough. So my answer to this dilema..... bought an S4!! And now she refuses to drive it!! RESULT!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

As for still having a drink, it's always late at night when we are going home so don't suffer any embarrasment when getting a lift in the Ibiza as no-one can see me!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    er... yeah i'm always using the helicopter... getting a bit tired of it now though!

what do u do, if u don't mind me asking?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I work offshore, on one of the North Sea Oil Platforms...not glamourous at all...i can assure you.
    Sitting in a noisy, hot, vibrating helicopter for an hour to get to and from work isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Good job I've only got to make the journey every 14 days...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12