S3 lower?

Pontio

Reaction score
Hi ppl, going to order my suspension soon and as i have a 1.8TQ its virtually impossible to find an uprated kit for my car, although i have been informed that all the running gear is the same as an S3, obviously the S3 sits lower but what i want to know is by how much? is it 20mm?
Thanks for all help

Dude, I've practically the same car as you (Except mine has more doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) And I can tell you that if $$$ is a factor, then the S3 suspension does the job. I didn't do any measurements when I had mine installed, but IIRC it's something like 10mm front / 15mm back. However, it's still only a temporary solution IMHO. I just recently purchased a setup that I hope will really improve the TQ's handling and (I think) drop it just a bit more. I got Bilstein B8 shock/struts and the H&R Sport Springs. I think it was Glen (Ess-Three) who said he had this setup on his S3 and it worked well.

Hope that helped some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would recommend the Bilsteins B8 shocks and Eibach Pro springs - works well for me!

This is a setup i wanna get done on mine too B8 bilsteins with either H&R or Eibach Pros, Let us know what you think after u have this done, where would be the best place for getting this setup done? Many thanks in advance

[ QUOTE ]
I got Bilstein B8 shock/struts and the H&R Sport Springs. I think it was Glen (Ess-Three) who said he had this setup on his S3 and it worked well.

Hope that helped some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the best price you got for this set up mate?

yep, was t5alking to star performance today and they recommended the eibach over the h + r springs, couldnt explain why, just said they're better quality.. the b8's is what i am going for but not sure wich springs yet. can any1 tell me the part numbers for the shocks and springs? both springs if possible. thanks for all the replies

OK, straight off the box the Bilstein numbers are....

Front Struts: F4-VE3-4708-H0
Rear: F4-BE5-6035-H0

And I'm in Germany, so whatever I paid (even if I could remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) wouldn't help much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yep, was t5alking to star performance today and they recommended the eibach over the h + r springs, couldnt explain why, just said they're better quality.. the b8's is what i am going for but not sure wich springs yet. can any1 tell me the part numbers for the shocks and springs? both springs if possible. thanks for all the replies

[/ QUOTE ]

http://katalog.bilstein.de/

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Uh, yeah, like I said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Uh, yeah, like I said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The link was for _anyone_ who wanted Bilstein part numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

A

excellent, thanks for the replies guys, the numbers match up with my research.
i have been looking at the eibach pro spring kits and they have -30mm for my car, but i dont think that'll be low enough as its only gonna be 10mm lower than an S3.
i think im gonna get the same springs that the S3 boys do as they should fit both cars being quattro. they lower the S3 25mm, so that plus the 20mm the S's already have in total it'll be -45mm. same height as any S3 thats had this done, if any1 has i'd like some feedback as i will most probably be ordering by the ned of this week.