Monster MotorsportSky Insurance

Thread: S3 lower?

1st Gear

Status

S3 lower?

Hi ppl, going to order my suspension soon and as i have a 1.8TQ its virtually impossible to find an uprated kit for my car, although i have been informed that all the running gear is the same as an S3, obviously the S3 sits lower but what i want to know is by how much? is it 20mm?
    Thanks for all help

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: S3 lower?

Dude, I've practically the same car as you (Except mine has more doors [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) And I can tell you that if $$$ is a factor, then the S3 suspension does the job. I didn't do any measurements when I had mine installed, but IIRC it's something like 10mm front / 15mm back. However, it's still only a temporary solution IMHO. I just recently purchased a setup that I hope will really improve the TQ's handling and (I think) drop it just a bit more. I got Bilstein B8 shock/struts and the H&R Sport Springs. I think it was Glen (Ess-Three) who said he had this setup on his S3 and it worked well.

Hope that helped some [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

I would recommend the Bilsteins B8 shocks and Eibach Pro springs - works well for me!

6th Gear

Status

This is a setup i wanna get done on mine too B8 bilsteins with either H&R or Eibach Pros, Let us know what you think after u have this done, where would be the best place for getting this setup done? Many thanks in advance

imported_Strider81

[ QUOTE ]
    I got Bilstein B8 shock/struts and the H&R Sport Springs. I think it was Glen (Ess-Three) who said he had this setup on his S3 and it worked well.

Hope that helped some [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the best price you got for this set up mate?

2nd Gear

Status

www.motorsportworld.co.uk were the cheapest I could find for the Bilstein/Eibach combo ... the Forge adjustable tie bars for the rear are recommended too.

Make sure when you order that you specify the B8s (Sprint) shocks as some places will assume you want the B6 (Sports).

HTH
    Adam

1st Gear

Status

yep, was t5alking to star performance today and they recommended the eibach over the h + r springs, couldnt explain why, just said they're better quality.. the b8's is what i am going for but not sure wich springs yet. can any1 tell me the part numbers for the shocks and springs? both springs if possible. thanks for all the replies

5th Gear

Status

OK, straight off the box the Bilstein numbers are....

Front Struts: F4-VE3-4708-H0
    Rear: F4-BE5-6035-H0

And I'm in Germany, so whatever I paid (even if I could remember [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) wouldn't help much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    yep, was t5alking to star performance today and they recommended the eibach over the h + r springs, couldnt explain why, just said they're better quality.. the b8's is what i am going for but not sure wich springs yet. can any1 tell me the part numbers for the shocks and springs? both springs if possible. thanks for all the replies

[/ QUOTE ]

http://katalog.bilstein.de/

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Uh, yeah, like I said [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Uh, yeah, like I said [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The link was for _anyone_ who wanted Bilstein part numbers [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A

5th Gear

Status

Well, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] right back at ya then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

excellent, thanks for the replies guys, the numbers match up with my research.
    i have been looking at the eibach pro spring kits and they have -30mm for my car, but i dont think that'll be low enough as its only gonna be 10mm lower than an S3.
    i think im gonna get the same springs that the S3 boys do as they should fit both cars being quattro. they lower the S3 25mm, so that plus the 20mm the S's already have in total it'll be -45mm. same height as any S3 thats had this done, if any1 has i'd like some feedback as i will most probably be ordering by the ned of this week.

1st Gear

Status

if i do lower it by 45mm does any1 wrecken im gonna have rubbing problems?

2nd Gear

Status

pss9 all the way!

1st Gear

Status

any particular reason for that?