S3 - Stock non-BOSE speaker

Greig300

Reaction score
Hello, are the stock speakers in the Audi S3 the same as other 8L models? As my front drivers side door speaker crackles and one of the rears is totally not working. Looking to replace them. Thanks

i believe all s3 range have bose system.
another member called andy mac is your man he knows the ice system like no other

From what I know you would need to get 2ohm replacement speakers and they would need to be 4inch.

AndyMac is the Bose Master!

As per PM, all non Bose 8L's have the same speakers, 4" components in the front and 6.5" coaxials in the rear. They are all 4 ohm impedance and are specific to the 8L (no other Audi models use them). Bose was still a £500 option on the S3 so not standard on any 8L. With the Bose setup the speakers are 1.5ohm impedance so even if you can find 2ohm aftermarket units they will still suck less power from the Bose amp so you are better off sticking with OEM if one is blown or crackling.

i'd check the soldering / clips on the current speakers first, very common for these connections to come a little loose over 10 years lol !

Hi Andy. I'm in the process of putting an S3 interior into my A3 8L. The S3 door cards have the Bose speakers. My A3 OEM speakers are from Nokia. Is it just a straight swap?

yes just swap the speakers over, you can leave the tweeters as they are same on both systems

Theirs someone in the classifieds selling the complete Bose Setup with speakers, sub etc if that's any use. (not me!)

Ok i need to change my front speakers as they have blown. Am i right in thinking that any 4" 4ohm speakers will fit with the andymac mdf adaptors?