Anyone fitted a Miltek exhaust?

Stepho

Reaction score
Just fitted my Miltec exhaust today, and found it very quiet. Maybe once it is carboned up the note may change, but I was expecting something on a more sporty scale. Managed to get it perfectly lined up, and its not sloping off at the bumper. (I was informed they all sit squint and rattle against the body when cornering).

Anyone find the standard system, had a better note? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Don't know about better note, but the the standard system, lined up and sat better.

Did you have yours fitted, or did you fit youself? I found with a little tweaking the Miltek fits perfectly.

Loads of people have commented that the Miltek is quieter than std system - not heard it myself.

You must be the 1st person to say they're happy with the fitment though ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have yours fitted, or did you fit youself? I found with a little tweaking the Miltek fits perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both! I had it fitted professional, then me and a mate tried adjusting ourselves as it kept hitting against the bodywork.

After seeing Monty77's S3 at the RR session, I am definitely going to get the Supersprint now.

Make that the 2nd one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Mine sits perfect and straight as well. I don't get any knocks or rattles, i honestly can't fault it. Well except maybe a slightly sportier note would be nice..

That said i've seen loads that don't fit well at all....

Ade

Have to say, I'm probably the only one whose Milltek is quite boomy and loud. Only when hot though, after a blast. Doesn't go quieter after slowing it down for a few miles either.

Chris.

Mine sits great as well although not long enough with the S4 bumper.
It is only give a nice grumble at open throttle and what i can hear is the sports down pipe.

If you compare it to the Golf R32 Miltek, then its silent. A friend had one fitted to his R32 and it sounded awesome.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both! I had it fitted professional, then me and a mate tried adjusting ourselves as it kept hitting against the bodywork.

After seeing Monty77's S3 at the RR session, I am definitely going to get the Supersprint now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice sir - sounds nice too!

Make sure whoever fits it puts a weld on the back support bar to stop the rubber sliding along (keeps the tailpipes central) .. apart from that the fit is very good.

Starperformance do the system cheapest I think .. ~£500

Cheers,
Adam

[ QUOTE ]
If you compare it to the Golf R32 Miltek, then its silent. A friend had one fitted to his R32 and it sounded awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you there. I have a few mates with R32s that have been milteked and they sound great

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice sir - sounds nice too!

Make sure whoever fits it puts a weld on the back support bar to stop the rubber sliding along (keeps the tailpipes central) .. apart from that the fit is very good.

Starperformance do the system cheapest I think .. ~£500

Cheers,
Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Adam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

any pics of the miltek zorst on n s3 guys? or even the super sprint?

[ QUOTE ]
Have to say, I'm probably the only one whose Milltek is quite boomy and loud. Only when hot though, after a blast. Doesn't go quieter after slowing it down for a few miles either.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

As does mine...but i think the spoprts cat and 3.5" downpipe does that... It was pretty loud when hot when it was just the milltek on there.

Rich

had a milltek on my corrado vr6 and although i know its a completely different sounding engine to start with it was much quieter than my friends with a magnex and another guys with a supersprint.

The biggest problem i found with the milltek was the ammount it grows when it gets hot.

When i eventually did get it fitting right...after hours of messing about i might add and a trip to millteks factory!!!... it was fine when cold but 5 mins later it had grown about an inch in length and was knocking all over the place!!!

would never buy one again.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Supersprint

s3a.jpg

s3d.jpg

A

[ QUOTE ]
Mine seems quite load and boomy, well loud enough for me anyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

as does mine....in fact all my mates tell me they can hear me coming up the road and know when I'm outside....which is great as it means I don't have to knock on the door! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

In the back of the car it is a very monotonous and quite loud for passengers, however it is great for sending little children and babies to sleep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I don't want the persona of being a boy racer with a souped up exhaust though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, but all my mates love it! They say it sounds just right and with the styling doesn't look anything boy 'racerish'!.

Only recently whilst driving with the windows down do I notice how nice it sounds and the turbo whistle again - it's great! Love going through tunnels and built up country areas (well where it's safe to have a little blast).

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Whats that rear wiper you have ?
s3mon has one of these too.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

That the rear aero wiper, found all new Golfs and polos. Can be purchased from vagparts ( www.vagparts.com )

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Supersprint

s3a.jpg

s3d.jpg

A

[/ QUOTE ]

damn that does look sweet- i had a supersprint on my golf and was very happy with the noise it made and the performance gains- think il stick with ss.

Cheers for that monty! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif