lpg conversion

colhay

Reaction score
has anyone here done an lpg conversion on an s3

i know places advertise them but just looking for some past experiences of lpg

cheers

You all go on about how much miles you get to the tank... therefore an LPG conversion would make sense for the eco-friendly among us.

Half the cost to fill up and apparently the same performance - makes perfect sense!

But doesn't an LPG conversion cost a couple of grand. Would that cost be re-couped?

Half the cost to fill up until enough people are doing it when they'll stick more tax on. It's only more economical because it's taxed at half the rate of unleaded.

I dont have an s3 yet but I just fancy upgrading my second car from my trusty astra to something a wee bit better

I dont want anything bigger than the astra but want something with a bit of poke so I thought about an s3

just thought lpg might be a good idea if Ill be doing a few miles in it and wondered if anyone could recomend it

I take it no one here has had it done then?

I'd imagine it would seriously devalue the car when it comes to sell it as I doubt there's a big S3/lpg market out there

[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine it would seriously devalue the car when it comes to sell it as I doubt there's a big S3/lpg market out there

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus you are going to loose even more boot space with the LPG tank and the S3 is allready short on this due to the rasied floor to make room for the Haldex!

i'm seriously considering an LPG conversion. Can then use it for normal driving then switch to optimax with a switch when I want to go a tad quicker.

Surely its worth it if you do a lot of driving? I spent about £1k on a CD player HU a couple of years ago, at least with this i'd be saving money.

I can imagine it devaluing the car as its a modification, but surely its a useful extra if required?

I'd not lose any boot space casue i'd put it in the spare wheel recess. If I get a flat, well i've got Green Flag to get me home where I can change it.
Can I use it with a turbo'd engine?

the tank would be too big to put in the spare wheel housing, the tanks so much bigger than that.

The one site I did look at for doing an lpg conversion offered a tank in the spare wheel space.might just have been a wee tank ;-)

Hi there, i use lpg on my landrover, though i think the tank is a tad larger than what you are looking at, i fitted it myself and yes you can change between fuel and lpg, i have my fuel pump on a seperate switch though this is a simple system being a landrover! Hopefully u can see the size of the tank in the attched pic, its the green one by the way! [image]http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/426fd33ez2b8adfe9/abercrombie_and_fitch_guyuk/__sr_/37e2.jpg?pfLS9bCBEmQlTYp8[/image]