2001 A3 sub wiring help

andyw114

Reaction score
Hi
I have a sub from a 2001 A3 which i am fittng into my Golf but i need a diagram or help identifying which wires go where?

I have some pics but i am not sure how to attach them here.

Here are the wire colours / pin numbers in connector

1, Black (Larger diameter)
2, Back
3, Red
4, Red (Larger diameter)
5, Green
6, Green
7, Yellow
8, Yellow
9, Blue
10, Brown

Many thanks... Andy

Hi Andymac

That is very helpful but i do have a issue.

On your loom plug pin 1 is live and pin 4 is ground.

On my sub side plug pin 1 is black and pin 4 is red.

I normal electrics red is live and black is ground. Do you know if it is different in the audi?

I do understand that wire colours change from loom side of plug and component side, but when matching up pin numbers i noticed the above issue.

Thanks
Andy.

Andymac
Just looked at your photo bucket pictures and the sub i have got is the same as picture 120. It as a single sub on a silver metal/alloy mounting front plate.

Andy

Sorry the pic is the socket side, i.e. the loom side, so you need to mirror this to get the male sub side, which is why everything is **** about face

Sorry the pic is the socket side, i.e. the loom side, so you need to mirror this to get the male sub side, which is why everything is **** about face

I undestand its the loom side and i can work out what wires should go where from the pin numbers and the locating section on the socket.

But is it possible for you to see if
1. Your loom pin 1 (Fat red/wht) LIVE goes to pin 1 (fat black) on sub?
2. Your loom pin 4 (Fat brown) GROUND goes to pin 1 (fat red) on sub?

Sorry to be a pain in the ****. I just want to be sure before i wire it up and power it up.

Andy.

No
Using your pin numbers
1, Black (Larger diameter) = ground
4, Red with white stripe (Larger diameter) = permanent live
One of us must have the connector upside down, can't remember if I used the pin numbers detailed on the connector, or if there even were any, although looking at the wierd numbering I doubt I would have made that up.