Foglight conversion

SuziA3

Reaction score
Right, being a girl and not knowing an awful alot about the Audis and best way of modifying them I need your help! I have a standard A3 Sport :) would really like an S3 but so hard to find a decent one that's been well looked after with decent milage. But anyways getting back to the problem - I have an A3 sport, want to turn the front end that has no fogs into a S3 front end with fogs without changing the bumpers as it won't be a perfect fit. Blah blah blah

I've been told by Audi it's possible to change the bottom half of my bumper to the ones with surrounds - that's not my problem, my problem is what's the best way to wire the lights up to work - without drilling holes or ruining the car? Is there a switch that can be put in?

Above my stereo I have 4 buttons - only 1 button works for the rear window the rest are blanks. Is there a
Button that goes there that I can use to turn the fogs on?

Or

Is there a better way! Heeeeeeelp people please, goto get her looking good for AITP (my first Audi event)

Does your car not already have fogs installed ??? rather than being in the lower part of the bumper they are inside your headlights.... you pull out the headlamp switch to turn them on ..... i modified mine to the lower setup and just ran the wires from the old fog lamps to the new .... i did write up on it here Audifans.net: You are using an invalid IP

Yeah, I got that pull out switch but it only does backs don't it? Didn't know about the fronts.. My original plan was to wire them to that switch so when I pulled it out they all came on. But Audi said it can't be done as the wires come from the back :-S he said I had to put a new switch in ... Don't really want to start drilling holes into the dash! Lol

What do you mean I'm using an invalid IP

But Audi said it can't be done as the wires come from the back :-S he said I had to put a new switch in ... Don't really want to start drilling holes into the dash!
What do you mean I'm using an invalid IP
The S3/A3 bumpers are different if you install fogs you'll just have an A3 with fogs

You can tap the line for the rear fogs I don't see it as a problem to power front fogs that you install. You'll need to find out which wire is for the rear fogs on the rear of the light switch.

That won't be a problem. Audi said I can get the bottom half of the bumper with surrounds and the bumper will look exactly like a S3 bumper - might be more hassel but cheaper than buying a new bumper! :) guess its stick to the original plan and wire them to the rear fogs :)

The S3/A3 bumpers are different if you install fogs you'll just have an A3 with fogs

You can tap the line for the rear fogs I don't see it as a problem to power front fogs that you install. You'll need to find out which wire is for the rear fogs on the rear of the light switch.

I think I get what you mean now - Audi told me different but I'm guessing your right by looking @ your car. They the chrome wingmirrors? Or painted silver..? Standard - done them yourself!

Right still been digging for information on how I'm goin to do the switch and the wiring...

This is not mine but what mine looks like VVV
0226bebc.jpg

Is it possible to just swap it for this switch which already has it and either buy wiring look or create my own?
af514b8c.jpg

I never switch my front fogs on as they do f all.

(i say I never do thanks to audi making the switch do the fronts first then the rears I guess I have had them on but it has to be ****** foggy and they still do f all)