***SPORTEC REMAP***

JayA4Turbo

Reaction score
Just got sportec remap done! It's excellent!

192.3 bhp
217 lb ft

Feels very quick! Nice sounds from turbo too!!!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

so whats the score with Sportec and AmD now?

AmD seem to be distributing Sportec stuff so is the Sportec chip a re-badged AmD program or are AmD using the Sportec code and have abandoned theirs or what?

Not really sure to be honest!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sure somebody will post a response! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Well as i have a AmD Remap, and jason has a Sportec remap, i can tell you they drive very differently... the powerband on my A3 is quite high... torque rockets at about 3000rpm, where as Jasons rockets at 2000rpm, which means that for always accessible power, sportec is the one, bit this comes with a price! As the power starts earlier on the sportec, it also drops off sooner... By about 4500-500rpm, its started to drop off, where as in my A3, its nearer 5500-6000rpm. Which one you go for depends of on what you want out of a chip. I thinks AmD have got a good idea being able to offer 2 different chips.

Obviously, im not sure how other cars would be, as i can only comment for mine and jasons (my brother if u didnt get that already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif