Anyone Used BG44k ?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
A guy at kwik fit tried selling me some of this stuff and a few other people said how good it is but i thought it was just another fuel cleaner, But someone else recommended it the other day in a thread so I'm curious how many of you it and what benefit it made to your car ?

http://www.bgprod.co.uk/AutoProducts/Fuel&Air/BG44K.htm

how much was he trying to sell you that for a million quid ?

iv never used it before but i have used a red x cleaner think thats what it was called, all it did was up the mpg a little bit and once it was all gone the mpg went back down again lol, most of them are just a con, correct me if im wrong

Is good stuff mate, ran it in the s3 last year but i now prefer to use a ultrasonic cleaner for the injectors and fpr a d just use some stp power boost pack to clean verything else through.

iv never used it before but i have used a red x cleaner think thats what it was called, all it did was up the mpg a little bit and once it was all gone the mpg went back down again lol, most of them are just a con, correct me if im wrong

That's what i was thinking as i think I've used every fuel treatment in the past, but this does seem a bit different.

I've just found a couple of threads:

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163048&start=0

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/general-automotive-chat/115172-bg-44k%AE-power-enhancer.html

Is good stuff mate, ran it in the s3 last year but i now prefer to use a ultrasonic cleaner for the injectors and fpr a d just use some stp power boost pack to clean verything else through.

Thanks mate ;)

How did it make the car feel after you used it?

Used it my A4 2.5Tdi last year.Made no difference and expensive.Stuck to V Power which does work

Car felt good mate and helped MPG. But tbh running v power and just using some stp etc is fine. From memeory bg44k is about £20 a pop which can get you a ultrasonic cleaner nearly.

Used it my A4 2.5Tdi last year.Made no difference

Ithink thats the first time I've read someone say they didn't notice any difference at all.

Car felt good mate and helped MPG. But tbh running v power and just using some stp etc is fine. From memeory bg44k is about £20 a pop which can get you a ultrasonic cleaner nearly.

Thanks mate ;)

I always use V power and on the odd time i cant get that i use tesco momentum.

The best fuel treatment i ever used was one made by comma and was in a red bottle but from what I've been reading this bg44k is some sort of miracle cleaner....lol

What i like the idea of it is that it doesn't seem to just clean the injectors, it cleans the complete fuel system including the cat and o2 sensor.

The reason for making this thread is because I've tried loads of fuel treatment's that are meant to work really well but this is the only one that seems to do what it says on the tin. It just that it does cost a lot more than the other and i wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

I have just received a can of this BG44K, will fill up tonight and post my thoughts.

I have just received a can of this BG44K, will fill up tonight and post my thoughts.

That would be good mate :thumbsup:

I've just read that if you find it doesn't work then they will give you a full refund.

Last edited:
Yeah I opened the can, put it on the floor to stick the funnel in the petrol tank, then proceeded to kick it over and spilt the lot on the petrol forecourt.
Got another on order :p

Finally managed to get this in my tank with before filling up.
Even after two days pick up is noticeably quicker and more responsive.
I guess my car hasn't had a fuel system clean in 9 years and this has made a difference.

Just don't kick the can over like I did.

Finally managed to get this in my tank with before filling up.
Even after two days pick up is noticeably quicker and more responsive.
I guess my car hasn't had a fuel system clean in 9 years and this has made a difference.

Just don't kick the can over like I did.

Thanks for the update mate ;)

I put some in my tank a few days ago and noticed a difference within just a few miles.

The car idles a lot smoother/quieter and the car pulls so much better throughout the rev range. It really is like a mini remap :)

Its on sale here:

http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/226/bg-44k-injector-cleaner--fuel-system-cleaner-and-carbon-remover

And you can get a bit more money off by using offer code: CLUB

you two sound like a couple of reps lol.

i just received mine, went to pour it in the car turns out you have to push the disposable funnel way in to the tank to move the little bit of plastic that stops stuff going in the tank ..... at least it cleans shoes and three quarters of it went in the car. :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the heads up A3 T :L Sounds good stuff from what you lot are saying, just ordered a tin and will post up results when I have ran the car with it.

Cheers.

Just wondering whether you guys had cleaned your injectors ultrasonically beforehand or not.
I did my injectors a little while ago now so don't know if i would notice much difference.
What else does it clean that would make a difference?

i did my injectors and FPR a couple of weeks ago, but its supposed to clean inside of the engine to, i guess everything that it touches on the way through the car

you two sound like a couple of reps lol.

Reading back it does look like that......lol

I should send them an email asking for commission.

i just received mine, went to pour it in the car turns out you have to push the disposable funnel way in to the tank to move the little bit of plastic that stops stuff going in the tank ..... at least it cleans shoes and three quarters of it went in the car. :icon_thumright:

I should have added that...lol

Before setting off to fill up i thought to myself.... What could go wrong when i get there, and look down at the poxy funnel they give you. so i took along my long bendy spout funnel and it was defiantly needed.

Don't even attempt to use the cardboard one they give you.

i did my injectors and FPR a couple of weeks ago, but its supposed to clean inside of the engine to, i guess everything that it touches on the way through the car

I've never cleaned my injectors apart from running some treatments like redex....etc

They say its even meant to clean things like the fuel filter, cat and o2 sensors. But how well it does is another matter.

Alright lads,

Think ill throw my 2pennies worth in here, I've recently bought an S3 and just bought a can of BG44K because before the S3 i had a diesel shogun (I know slightly different!!) Before this I was a Subaru man and before anyone tries knocking the Scoobies I can assure all, they are a bulletproof car and what a thrill to drive!!

Anyway my thought on BG244 (Same but for Diesel) I put a can in my shogun because it was rough idling and slow responsiveness and always had a puff of smoke in tick-over... After id say about 30miles... WOW what a difference and trust me I was never a believer in these products but I honestly cant praise this stuff enough!! The difference on start up / idle / responsiveness was really unbelievable, also the slight puff of smoke was now non existant, It actually felt like a new engine and im not exagerating!

As for the petrol version well we will have to wait and see but my thoughts are that if it was so good for the diesel I very much doubt it will be useless for petrol!

And also can I add for the people who think that redex and stp etc are the same thing they are nothing alike and same goes for V-Power etc as these as so so weak compared with BG! Think about it, redex is about £2 from asda and BG44K is about £20... The difference in price reflects in the outcome!!

Oh and just so you know im NOT a BG Rep I just like my cars to run how they were supposed to!

Hope this post has helped to decide whether its worth it or not!!

Jimbob