Going around Donington

Tendaimwari

Reaction score
on Saturday to wring the **** off my S3 and to probably have a few heart in mouth, twitchy hole situations but I am looking forward to it. Done a couple of track days before but none in my own car. This will be the ideal opportunity to understand the weaknesses and strengths of my car. It has standard brakes and suspension but has had a engine remap. Going to go easy on the brakes and limit the number of laps per stint. Also going to mess around with the tyre pressures, high on the rear - low on the fronts, which should improve the understeer. Any other tips

Yes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif An excellent way to get to know your car better is to track it!, definitely mess around with the tyre pressure to get the most out of your car, though I find that a track setup is not necesarily the best set up for the road IMO. Also remember to do a slow in-lap to cool things down on your S3, and to park up your car with the hanbrake off - leave it in gear - to save the disks aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Have fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just got back from donington. Amazing day. Good weather and all. did a sly and opted to go with the novices becaus the intermmediates was over subscribed. Good move as there were kess so not to congested.

Car handled really well. I was expecting a pig after assessing soem remarks over the S3's handling. The sessions were 20mins and the brakes only started to fade after about 15mins. Better than I was expecting. Best of all I kept it on the black stuff all day.

There was a Focus RS that rolled and was not a pretty picutre but aill inhabitants walked away. Saying that though the driver was a bit a ???? fructrated him for several laps were he was behind me on the some of the twistys but could did not have enough grunt down the straights to overtake. Later found out it was remapped and had new intakes. that put a wry smile on my face.

£125. Tyres are pretty in pretty good nick and feel a lot more gripier now that I have given them some working. They are Avon zz3 which had only done about 1k up and down the motor way. Took time to warm up but once warm the felt rarely grippy

Not much brake wear tbh. Washed the car before I went and not much dust on the rims