audi s3 8l heater blowing hot air only

ballerali

Reaction score
hi i have an audi s3 that blows only hot air, it has been like this since i bought it. However it gets too hot and i have to turn the fans/ blower off (which mists up the windscreen) or open the window.

i know people will say that, have i had my air con re charged??. i have not checked but will check after some advice.

I was thinking if it is blowing hot air it would be the heat flap/ positioning motor~? because if i turned the temp down surely it would use more of the cold outside air. then if i needed it colder thats where the air con is needed???

Does it continue blowing hot air if you set the temperature to "LO", rather than just say 18 or 19?

My A4 did something similar and it was the temperature flap motor that had failed. I got another off ebay and that sorted it.

Reactions: bullmastiff
yes the heater blows hot air regardless of the temp set. only cooler at start-up but that's as expected.

I had a similar thing on an old pug 306 it only blew hot air and your couldn't turn it off. I got a new board from the scrapyard and it sorted it. Could try the same?

Scan the aircon module in VCDS (Auto HVAC) to see if there are fault codes... as Aragorn has suggested it sounds like a heater control issue and there should be a fault code I would imagine if thats the case...

<tuffty/>

Thanks guies for your help. Took apart the glovebox etc today and found the heater flap motor was stuck after playing with the temp. I took it out and is now working fine. Will leave it a few days to see if it sticks again so will leave the glove box off etc for now. Anyway thanks for ur help

Hi can someone please help re heater blowing out hot air only on a climate control unit on my Audi A3 8p.
If I put it on low it will blow out warm if on 16 it will blow out hot any ideas

Where do I go for correct section I cannot seem to find it

The 8p section is under the 8l section on the forums homepage