Testing the water... AMD remap group buy

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Hi there guys..

was looking through the TT forum and saw a group buy the had for an AMD remap. Prices were really good... none of this crappy save a tenner here and there... PROPER SAVINGS

1. One Click Generic (Normally £499+Vat) GB=£499 Inc Vat <font color="red">SAVE £87.32 </font>

2. One Click RR (Normally £750+Vat) GB=£650 Inc Vat <font color="red">SAVE £231.25</font>

3. RR Remap (Normally £550 + Vat) GB=£470 Inc Vat <font color="red">SAVE £176.25</font>

4. Serial port generic map (later cars only) GB=£400 Inc Vat

EXPLANATION
1. The remap options are the One Click box to allow you to switch back to standard at will, totally undetectable when you are back to your oem map.

2. Same again but the map is done on the rollers and any custom tweaks needed will be made and loaded onto the One Click box.

3. Standard (Custom) RR remap, required for older cars as its a chip change, otherwise serial upload on later cars.

4. or the cheapest option of a Generic Map, serial uploaded. This essentially the Generic One click map without the one click box.

anyway.... i would be happy to organise one of these for this forum.... obviously i would have to negotiate the prices again with AMD but hopefully they would be similar to this GB.

The TT forum needed 10 people so hopefully it would also be the same in my case...

so ...anyone interested??

thanks

Nathan

I would have been, but got impatient with various failed group buys so mine's booked in for the 30th.

Oh wel...

GOod luck though mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yup... I'd be definitely be interested in a RR remap if the price is similar to that. Count me in.

interesting! i will be ready for it when i clear my credit cards, when is it?

Jedi, once you have the information, let me know and we can arrange to put this in the group buy section.

Rich.

just been quoted 1550 from adrian flux for 1yrs NCB and 24yrls old SE London Postcode
was quoted 1100 other day from elephant for renewal
thinks il be in then

count me in jedi.
I have a 2001 225 car so would it be the serial map for me then as sounds like good value!!

nick

Yes, I'm interested in the option 3. Please let me know when / how to proceed.
Cheers for organising this.

Interested in option 2 or 3 depending on the deal you can get.

Would we all have to go to AMD on the same day , only reason I ask is its a decent distance to travel from the North West but everybody who goes there raves about the service etc so I am up for it.

Me want, me want. A saving would persuade me to go for it too!

i too could be interested

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I could be too depending when we are talking about and if my insurance likes me!

well lets say definately in the next month.... i'll try and talk to amd today and make sure we can definately do this and then get definate prices and then i can ask for a definate list!

I would have it done for that price just got to decide on option 1 or 2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I'd go for option 3.. but have to wait till June for my insurance to expire (DL won't insure mods as im only 24).

[ QUOTE ]
why dont you get it done.. and keep it quiet until june when you reinsure... ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Cos that would be stupid.

£475 for option 3 isn`t that about what they were doing it for at xmas????? if so I might have to scrape the pennies together and go for it

right just spoke to AMD and they said that it should be fine... he just needs to confirm with his boss and will let me know this afternoon.

looks promising though and he was impressed we had so many candidates without even trying

Your gonna be a very happy bunch when you come back from having the remap done!

Can't wait to read the responses! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hope so dicky
Jedi I was going to sell the S3 and get an M3 E46 but have decided against that for a number of reasons!!
1. new house buy
2. insurance is a mare
3. with a chipped S3 do I really need the extra cost and grunt!!

let me know how the bargaining around pricing all goes.

Nick

im defo up for that
can you just let me know the date and ill come down for it , not sure whether i want the one click or a rr remap but ill come down and cough up

Option 1. one click generic for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Have to speak to AMD first though cos I've had a Revo trial and some say that causes problems for oneclick or DMS tuning box up/downloads.

this is all very good guys... looks like we will have no probs finding enough ppl... i'll push for more discount if we get 15 or dare i say even 20

all remapps can be discussed with amd and a date for the work set once i have agreed things with amd

untill then just hold tight and count your pennies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
£475 for option 3 isn`t that about what they were doing it for at xmas????? if so I might have to scrape the pennies together and go for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was done for £411 inc vat on the christmas offer

Better get on it quickly mind. Don't know how long I can hold out....
May end up getting it Revo'd in the next week or so unless this is definately going to happen

ok just gimme another day to get this confirmed Garth.

i'll call them again tomorrow and finalise everything

smokebelch...your right... this isnt quite as good as the xmas saving but its pretty good considering there normal prices

Well done Jedi. If I can get oneclick for £500 all in, I'll be chuffed, so I'll owe you a beer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S. Loving the pic in your sig.

hi there... just to update the situation..

just spoke to amd who are going to discuss this tonight at some meeting and get back to me asap (hopefully this evening) with definate prices but they are sure they can match the ones in the tt group buy

will hopefully have something more concrete by tomorrow morning and then i will set up a separte thread with full details.

watch this space!!

cheers

Nathan

Nath

Guess what? might be buying an allorad V6 tdi tomorrow, so that would be a deffo. should take it up to well in excess of a standard S3, and all that torque /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

ha . mate you get through your cars quickly dont ya!!!

i will wait for the prices on the 1.8 stuff and then ask about other cars but they should still offer a good discount

quicker than the women unfortunately, they're easier to pick up too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif