AUDI A3 TRANSPONDER FLIP KEY FOB CIRCUIT BOARD REMOVAL

DANO80

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new fob key case as the original has broken. I can remove the battery holder, battery and key from the original case but having problems removing the circuit board (I don't want to break it). There are two gold pins/screws either side that I cannot remove. Can anyone help? Some pictures below

Thanks

key_fob_1.jpg

key_fob_2.jpg

Did you find out how to remove the PCB ? I am trying to do the same thing right now and I am having a hell of a time.

I have recently purchased a new fob key case as the original has broken. I can remove the battery holder, battery and key from the original case but having problems removing the circuit board (I don't want to break it). There are two gold pins/screws either side that I cannot remove. Can anyone help? Some pictures below

Thanks

key_fob_1.jpg

key_fob_2.jpg

Just use a good grip pliers and pull it up. There is no glue whatsoever, just sits on a plastic hole.

Nice and easy, I done mine a few weeks back. It just pops out. But don't forget to get the transponder chip out from the top of the old fob, otherwise the car won't start. I found this the hardest bit, just undo the screw on the back of the fob and you will see it, be careful as obviously this is what makes the car run