The Beeps

Geronim0

Reaction score
HI All, I read with interest some posts regarding the number of beeps people were getting and the type of problems associated with them. I am getting 4 beeps some mornings which appear to come from the rear left of the car. Someone suggested this could be the alarm - it there a way I can test the alarm.... this is nothing shown on the DIS BTW.

Thanks In Advance

Simon (Wet behind the ears NEWBIE)

PS how do I add an avatar ????

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

1999 T 1.8T Sport

The three/four beeps seems intermittent in most cases, so most of us just live with it. Think that there was a mention that it's caused due to the battery back-up siren for the alarm going dead, but I'm not sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

To add an Avatar, click on 'Your Home' at the top of the screen to the right a little, then 'edit profile' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers mate, Like wise i will put up with it until it drives me mad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Cheers Simon

ps I cant seem to add a picie from my desktop only a url for a webpage... any ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers mate, Like wise i will put up with it until it drives me mad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Cheers Simon

ps I cant seem to add a picie from my desktop only a url for a webpage... any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need the picture hosted I'm afraid, URL address only /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I was getting 3/4 beeps on start up most mornings a few weeks ago, only seemed to happen when we had that spell of cold weather. As I had my DIS turned off I thought it might have been an audible ice warning (i.e. DIS below 5 Degrees Ice symbol).

Now the warm weather is back I get no beeps.

As JoJo says though, they do seem intermittent and could be realted to a number of things, I might phone the dealer and ask!

Kev.

As said above, it is releated to the alarm battery and does seem to rear its head when we get the colder weather!

I wouldn't worry about it for the moment, only be concerned when it does it all the time.

Thanks guys, is there a way of testing the alarm? i.e. by locking yourself in and jumping about....???

Cheers Simon.

PS anyone know where can I get my pictures hosted.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

Get in, lock car with keyfob, wait 30 seconds until led's on door locks flash slowly and then wave a bit.

You should hear the deafening power of the pitiful beep that is slightly quieter than my bedside alarm clock.

its my horn that beeps - girlfriend locked baby in the car for 2mins while she ran back into the house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I have now shown her the button for the ultra sonics. . .

[ QUOTE ]
Get in, lock car with keyfob, wait 30 seconds until led's on door locks flash slowly and then wave a bit.

You should hear the deafening power of the pitiful beep that is slightly quieter than my bedside alarm clock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did that and nothing happend until I tried to get out!!! Then an alarm thingy went off - well sounded more like the snooze on your alarm ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

my car beeped three times a few times now,

asked my dealer and he told me that it means that there is a fault somewhere, checked it out and said that I might need a new central locking sensor

Kevint said:
Where is the alarm battery located?

Kev.

It's in the alarm sounder which is buried very low down in the rear nearside corner, below the central locking pump.

4 beeps from the back of the car is 99% likely to be the alarm.

My alarm started going off recently for no reason, then i started getting the 4 beeps. Unfortunately, it doesn't log any DTC's to scan for, so some dealers wont listen to you - they just say "if theres a problem it'll be logged" - they're not.

luckily, i managed to get mine replaced on the last day of my warranty.. no more bleeps.

yes, I lived with it until my alarm started going off by itself. Had to leave the car unlocked over night, so got a new siren in the back sharpish. This fixed it and stopped the beeps.

We covered all this on the other posts somewhere, but it's the battery in the siren losing its charge, which is made worse in the cold weather. The charge in my battery had reduced sufficiently to think someone was tampering with the alarm, so it goes off, just for a laugh.

About £80 I seem to recall. They have to replace the whole unit in the back, not just the battery. You'll see it above your subwoofer anyway, in the left side compatment.

I have had these beeps too- Only had the car for 4 weeks now and it has happened 3 times now. Last time it happened was yesterday but it was about 32 degrees C!! definately not cold!?

any temperature extreme is bad for batteries. Mine was OK till this summer.

Dont forget that if its 30 centigrade in the sun, inside the car it's waaaaaay more, especially if you have a dark interior.