Engine stutter under load, help!!

ben681

Reaction score
Hey guys , my 1.8t stutters when under load like its holding the power back then when it hits about 4000rpm I get full boost. I've changed the coilpacks, maf sensor , replaced a split boost pipe , and given it a full service plugs etc so any ideas ? :)

Ive replaced all coilpacks snd it's still doing it. It's an a3 1.8t Quattro snd yeh scanned it and no fault codes were present . When I replaced the split boost pipe it got better but still stuttering

Possibly n75 valve? Had this problem where you'd go to pass someone, car initially leaps off like a scalded cat, overboosts and then shuts it off completely (like hitting a brick wall), then goes again. Really dangerous and scary at the wrong time, especially if someone is coming the other way!

Yeh this was my next idea the Coilpack loom. Someone else also said it could be the fuel pump or fuel pump relay. I was thinking of doing a compression test coz it's starting to bug me now :mad: , thanks hoggy it's helped alot

Last edited:
It's not as bad as what u experienced just it's like when I accelerate it's still deciding what to do its like slightly bucking then I'll suddenly get full boost