Replace old standard grill for debadged grill.

a3dcf

Reaction score
Hi, Ive got a 1.8t 1999 (v reg). looking to change the grill, do you know how to take the grill out? ive heard that you have to take the bumper off??? (sounds alot of work). Thanks Dave

It's bumper off on an S3 so more than likely yes

Some have got the grill off without but you take your chances as people have broken the grill.
Bumper off is not hard,just undo a few screws and remove lugs and you can bring it forward enough to get at the grill....if you are in Warwickshire I'd help.

take the bumper off, i tried to do it with the bumper still in place with no joy

happy with how it looks now tho

photo-10.jpg

Reactions: Rob-S3
I never had a problem pulling my grille out without taking the bumper off, just apply the force evenly around the edges, also i think spraying the original black looks alot better imo, the one your looking at reminds me of a bora, not that boras are bad lol
57abc012.jpg

Last edited:
did mine without removing the bumper, i found it easiest to cut out the original one to avoid breaking any of the plastic clips, then new one just pushes in

did mine without removing the bumper, i found it easiest to cut out the original one to avoid breaking any of the plastic clips, then new one just pushes in
That's spot on if your scrapping the grill....never looked at it like that