S3 gearbox into a A3TS

• Thread starter imported_highlander1
  • Start date
I

imported_highlander1

Will the S3 6 speeder fit into a A3TS.
Cheers,
Deano.

should do, cant see why not but im no authority so dont take my word for it.

As far as i know all thats different on the S3 (physically anyway) is the turbo.

[ QUOTE ]
should do, cant see why not but im no authority so dont take my word for it.

As far as i know all thats different on the S3 (physically anyway) is the turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope...wont really work. The S3 gearbox has the transfer box for 4wd and the downpipe on the A3 from the turbo is not designed to accomodate this. The best gearbox to go for is that from the Golf 1.8T anniversary or Leon Cupra R

Rich

good point! sorry mate, forgot about the driving system.

So will an S3 6 speeder fit a TQ?

[ QUOTE ]
good point! sorry mate, forgot about the driving system.

So will an S3 6 speeder fit a TQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!

[ QUOTE ]
y is the golf or cupra R so much better rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not 4wd and therefore dont have the transfer box in the way so will be a direct fit to the A3 1.8T Sport.

Rich

Well, good and bad news... Didn't get a 6-speed box, BUT we managed to find a used std tranny with 130k kms (and 1 year warranty) for €975 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SHOULD be back on the road by Wednesday (cross yer fingers for me)

Thx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear it Michael, is that fitted? Better acceleration out of a 5 speed box anyhow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nah dude, the €975 is just the transmission, labor should run about €388 which is still quite a bit better than the €2600 they wanted for new tranny and install /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thing that drives me NUTS is how "Coincedental" (sp) it is that the transmission has no problems (that I could tell) until 2 days AFTER it was removed for the new clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

could be a coincidence, but maybe then it was removed something got shaken about.

The other thing is that maybe it was on its way out but the slipping clutch prevented too much power being transfered to it.

That would be a good theory... IF the clutch were slipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I had to get mine changed out because the throw-out bearing was worn and the pressure plate (We think) was wobbling when disengaging the clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Doesn't matter now I guess, we've got that used one coming in now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif And with snow forecasted for tomorrow I'm REALLT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif that I don't have my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif