S3 Colours? - Pics please...

I

imported_ZeroK66

Hello all,

Interested in what colours are available. Ming blue is one I would be interested in... but all other colours too.

Any pics of ~hot~ S3's as well... be interested to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
Leon

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

Interested in what colours are available. Ming blue is one I would be interested in... but all other colours too.

Any pics of ~hot~ S3's as well... be interested to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
Leon

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Leon,

Here is a pic of my Goodwood Green S3. Very rare colour and not everyone's cup of tea but I like the fact that it's different.

ronals3f2se.jpg

Cheers
Leon!

As I thought... that ming blue is gorgeous!!! That with a set of 18" RS4's on and bling bling mirrors... very nice!!

I must say I like the green too. it reminds me of the Oak green of the MKII golfs which must have been the best colour for the MKII!

Whatelse you guys got...

Thats one hell of a slope your parked on Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thats one hell of a slope your parked on Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called art my son /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, notice how the wheels don't line up with the arches! With the spacers they sit more proud, making the appearance look much more phat/aggressive..

I'll try and get some pics on the weekend for you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called art my son /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In my opinion, Absolute Red is the best colour for the S3. Shows off the extended lines and black bits of the S3 better than the black. The black S3 I think doesnt really look any different from the standard A3, as its harder to pick out the lines.

Having said that, for the standard A3 - I think black is best! (mine) The annoying black skirts on the A3 ruins it a bit on the other colours.

i disagree paul- i think the black s3 does look different from the a3 and is quite apprent-u cant miss the flared arches, spoiler and other bits. just my opinion though

Looking good JamS3
I have a 1.8T at the mo (black)
but I am really gearing up for the idea of getting an S3 (GOT to be absolute red, kids)

Thing is, they are kind of expensive! I have a W reg, which would be worth 7k tops, and for the equivelant S3 its gonna be atleast 12k!

Sorry to get off thread there, carry on chaps.

Here's a pic of my car before the Porsche wheels were put on, excuse the quality, as it's a scanned pic of a photo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
1525R6_2_copy1-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Black is Best! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
1525500c1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

After thinking about it carefully I have to disagree and say that Goodwood Green is definately the best colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW jojo the new alloys are MUCH better looking than your old ones. The spokes are bit a too thin IMO on the others.

i like the S3 in noggy blue or imola yellow, my 2p's worth and a must have on the chrome mirrows!!

U wanna c my Chrystal blue A3? lol

My Imola Yellow S3 (before Brembos were fitted):

S3%20with%2019s%202.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
My Imola Yellow S3 (before Brembos were fitted):

S3%20with%2019s%202.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair play that looks the Biz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

But we all know what the nicest colour is really, dont we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]
they look like radius R6 alloys... nice but they dont suit the S3 IMO... spoke are too thin. the Porsche ones jojo has now look much better

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, they are Radius R6 in 19", I thought they were awesome looking, and suit the S3. The reason I changed them, was because I bent the front two wheels after jumping off a humpback bridge, not realising the speed I was doing in the S3 on the approach lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Here's another pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
1525R6_copy-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1525500c1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I look at those wheels the more I like them!

Cup 3s aren't they? OEM or replicas?

Cheers,
Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Replicas, didnt want the hassle of hub adaptors, but I suppose that OE Porsche Turbo wheels would probably weigh in a good few KG's less per wheel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Was you pretending to be the General Lee again JoJo.....that must have been some jump.

just thought id introduce the fastest colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
91ts3.jpg

mineral gray..ahh in the day, sweet memories /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

ahh yeah and before we all take the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif the rings on the side were for air friction so the other "slower" cars can keep up. (and yes i know, we've been here before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Imola S3 i love your window tints dude!

And jojo your old alloys look nuts-i have to say i prefer them and might get a set now!

Ming Blue as requested, By far the best colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here with the old 19" RS4's on

Audi-S3-019.jpg

and here with the new 19" BBS on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

looe045.jpg

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they look like radius R6 alloys... nice but they dont suit the S3 IMO... spoke are too thin. the Porsche ones jojo has now look much better

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually prefer the Radius R6 wheels to your Porsche ones, i saw the Radius ones some time back but couldn't be bothered to wait the 3 months they were quoting to import them at the time. They are lovely wheels... That said the porsche ones still look the business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
Was you pretending to be the General Lee again JoJo.....that must have been some jump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets just say that the S3 was a lot quicker than my preivious motors, by the time I realised the bridge was coming up, 75MPH was registered on the speedo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif, managed to get that down to about 50ish before a 4 wheels jump - ala rally style /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif - and then everything was in slow mo, as I waited for the car to land - OUCH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 i love your window tints dude!

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheers dude... medium smoke all round. It looks darker against the yellow paint for some reason!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1525500c1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I look at those wheels the more I like them!

Cup 3s aren't they? OEM or replicas?

Cheers,
Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Replicas, didnt want the hassle of hub adaptors, but I suppose that OE Porsche Turbo wheels would probably weigh in a good few KG's less per wheel. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I'm sure OEM ones would of cost mega$$$$ too.

Where did you get them from? Not many places do the replica porkers...only place I could find was Elite wheels...

Cheers,
Adam

Hopefully a picture now

[image]http://photobucket.com/albums/v722/alexains/?action=view&current=DSCF0149.jpg[/image]

[ QUOTE ]

Where did you get them from? Not many places do the replica porkers...only place I could find was Elite wheels...

Cheers,
Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Got them from my local alloy shop, they had to be ordered in and are no longer in production in 5x100 fitment AFAIK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
1525500c1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

those wheels are hot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif