Suspension bushes what to replace?

Did you get this done - how is the ride, too firm or not ?

I put the lot on mine recently.

Firmed everything up. Stopped a lot of rattles and gives much better feel on the road.

Like driving a new car again.

Still all sat in a box in my living room waiting to be fitted, Not had a chance to get it down to my mechanic friend for some cash in hand work but its on my to do list.

I have a few knocks and bangs here and there which i am sure is the old bushes, especially on the rear of the car.

But as the car is riding ok at the mo its not a massive priority so will do them as and when i can.

I put the lot on mine recently.

Firmed everything up. Stopped a lot of rattles and gives much better feel on the road.

Like driving a new car again.

Did you fit all the bushes yourself? if so what was the easiest and hardest to do and were any special tools reqired as i may have a go at a few myself if they arnt too difficult a DIY job.

Did you fit all the bushes yourself? if so what was the easiest and hardest to do and were any special tools reqired as i may have a go at a few myself if they arnt too difficult a DIY job.

Superkarl or Jimgrim77 how'd you guys find fitting it, possible with just a jack?

from previous experience with my VX220 the OEM rubber bushes you need to preload the suspension where as pollys are just fit and off you go.

Also from the above it did firm things up a lot which great for track but I want to walft while I'm in the Audi :D

Yea, the rear axle bushes were a pita even for my mechanic to do because these bushes hadnt been touched since 1999 when my car left the factory, and had to drop the rear axle plus disconnect everything!