I have had some wheels refurbed.....

hank3944

Reaction score
.... And I'm not sure how fussy I should be. They are not perfect. There is a few blemishes like a millimeter big you would never notice once on the car. The main thing I'm concerned about is there is a lack of lacquer on the inside s of the spokes exactly where brake dust accumulates. Now the question is am I going to be able to clean them ok if the lacquer is minimal. It kind of feels like sand paper instead of smooth. FYI I paid £40 pet wheel done by a professional :)-s) spray shop....

40 is fairly cheap tbh mate but if they are an actual pro shop then you should get a pro job, no matter what the cost was, id take them back and quiery them about it, was it a cash in hand job or did you get a reciept?

I have agreed £40 per wheel cash in hand, but luckily I have not paid yet so I hold the trump card. :) I just don't like the fact that brake dust could stick to the rough surface (by the way they are the 9 spoke tt rstt alloys) on the inside of the spoke when it should be lacquered.

408970_10150689145152564_688362563_12257535_2107566209_n.jpg

they look in great nick until you zoom in on the imperfections. although not too bad at all, they are still visible.
have words and see what they say. let us know, there may be a very good reason they cant get those marks out if it was curbed quite badly.

i refurbed and painted my own wheels, they were pretty bad when i bought them, and 99% of curbing has gone, only some small marks remain that i couldnt smooth out enough or there would be no rim! i didnt use any liquid metal or filler primer, so these guys might not either

id take them back never been a pro job

I have to admit it looks pretty good when you don't scrutinize it - if it was me I'd be satisfied knowing that it be pretty chipped and curbed in no time, but thats me.

I have to admit it looks pretty good when you don't scrutinize it - if it was me I'd be satisfied knowing that it be pretty chipped and curbed in no time, but thats me.

That's a strange way to see things...

In the last 10 years I have only ever curbed one wheel so it's not inevitable that they will be damaged again.

I would ask for them to be done properly if it was me.

I'd send em back and ask them to remove all them fkn blue stars ;)

I'd send em back and ask them to remove all them fkn blue stars ;)
I was waiting for someone to say that. :)

Whe I asked the owner of the company about why there was a lack of lacquer on the insides he said "that he couldn't get into the sides of the spokes with the spray gun to get the lacquer in there" seems like a bit of a bluff to me... I can under Stanton that 100 % perfection is asking a bit much but I think these are more like 90%...

I refurb wheels for a living on site in the back of a van and I would not put the wheels back onto a car like that. Regardless of how much you have paid that is their problem they quoted. The marks should not be there and not being able to get his gun in there is rubbish the only problem with these wheels is either corrosion or if some lazy fit refurbs them badly and doesn't scotch right into the corners and then the paint peels off and I have to go sort it. They are also painted the wrong colour too but I don't know if that was your choice or not. Any problems try Alloys Wheels Leicester | Perfection Group | Alloy Wheel Refurbishment/Polished Wheels/Diamond Turned Wheels/Alloy Wheels/Trim Repair I personally would take them back the lacquer they may not have sorted but they need to rectify the damage still bring there

I refurb wheels for a living on site in the back of a van and I would not put the wheels back onto a car like that. Regardless of how much you have paid that is their problem they quoted. The marks should not be there and not being able to get his gun in there is rubbish the only problem with these wheels is either corrosion or if some lazy fit refurbs them badly and doesn't scotch right into the corners and then the paint peels off and I have to go sort it. They are also painted the wrong colour too but I don't know if that was your choice or not. Any problems try Alloys Wheels Leicester | Perfection Group | Alloy Wheel Refurbishment/Polished Wheels/Diamond Turned Wheels/Alloy Wheels/Trim Repair I personally would take them back the lacquer they may not have sorted but they need to rectify the damage still bring there

Thanks mate thats some usefull info. I forgot to say... He also said "if you go to a professional company and pay £80 they will shot blast them, which is a lot better" which made me feel better :-s

Thanks mate thats some usefull info. I forgot to say... He also said "if you go to a professional company and pay £80 they will shot blast them, which is a lot better" which made me feel better :-s

but didnt you say in the 1st post that a
professional spray shop had done them ?
cos its still realy half a job