Uprated bulbs?

Pontio

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good uprated dipped beam bulb to get? i find my lights are not as bright as i would like.. i have one piece non xenon headlamps.
Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Can anybody recommend a good uprated dipped beam bulb to get? i find my lights are not as bright as i would like.. i have one piece non xenon headlamps.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my retrofit xenons have gone up sh*t creek so i cant be doing with splashing out hundreds on another kit so im just going to go for some PIAA Extreme White. At £75 they are not cheap but they are as good as you can get without going HID.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my retrofit xenons have gone up sh*t creek so i cant be doing with splashing out hundreds on another kit so im just going to go for some PIAA Extreme White. At £75 they are not cheap but they are as good as you can get without going HID.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

What's happened to them Rich?

i change mine for blue visions for a whiter light to match xenons.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure... one of the ballasts just decided to packup... im Back to w*nky bulbs for the moment

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll have a look into the phillips bulbs, the standard opnes are ok for around town but not all that on the motorway, plus i want that xenon look.. thanks for the advice guys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure... one of the ballasts just decided to packup... im Back to w*nky bulbs for the moment

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be the G-force you are pulling with that beast of yours then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i'll have a look into the phillips bulbs, the standard opnes are ok for around town but not all that on the motorway, plus i want that xenon look.. thanks for the advice guys

[/ QUOTE ]

No cheap(ish) bulb will come even close to xenon... PIAA are 4000K colour temp and Xenon are 4300K colour temp so really are as close as you'll get.

RIch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be the G-force you are pulling with that beast of yours then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling that the waterproof connections werent so waterproof..Not sure though. Going to get some PIAA's as i cant be ***** with the expense of replacing the with another xenon kit.

Rich

I've got the Philips Vision bulbs as well and they made a little bit of difference over the standard ones.

I got the Osram silverstars off the powerbulbs website and find them much better than the Bosch superbright ones I'd previously got from Halfords.