Spot The Difference

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, hope someone can help me out. Lately every time I take a corner really sharp or fast I hear a Thump noise coming from the back (I think it’s my rear left wheel). I found something that looks broken; it’s around the front of the rear left wheel. Could it be the chassis buckling???I need advice, what does that crack circled in red look like?
left.jpg

The right side doesn't have any cracks:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Defratos/right.jpg

Also does anyone know why the left hand side of the rear suspension is missing a chunk of metal?
Back.jpg

Missin.jpg

One last thing, the right side seems to be missing a small metal pipe thingy, lol sorry for the lack of knowledge, but my car is going into Audi for its second service and I want them to fix anything that’s wrong on the warranty, cheers.
Left1.jpg

Dude, I don't know what that is:

Left1.jpg

But it does NOT look like it should be there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I even checked ETKA and couldn't find anything like it on the 2002 A/S3.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The 1st picture just looks like the liner for the arch is cracked.
The second could be a mounting for the hadex/diff.
I reckon that the last picture is that of the self leveling suspension which is only on the one side.

Just guesses - i dont have a quattro LOL

lol, well if I hadn't changed what I wanted to say about THREE times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Dude, what's with the "Self-Levelling" suspension? S3's never had that did they?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

On the rear susp.?? I thought that was up front?? Like I said before, it looks like a droplink connecting the 2 control arms which I don't think is supposed to happen??? I'm hoping Glen or someone will see it and know what it is, cause based on my experience, I'd be wondering WTF it was doing there?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

shame on you M, I thought that you knew the ETKA like the back of your hand. The sensors are on the front and rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cant remember offhand but remember I have xenons on my car and I have looked into the possibility of fitting them properly and legally - the rear sensor was the stumbling block as i dont have a quattro.

Looks to me like something is catching on your exhaust there... whatever that is?? ARB?