Can I throw my hockey puck in the bin

AARON77

Reaction score
Have been trying to tidy my engine bay up out of pure boredom
I've already ditched the carbon can and n249 and vacuum gubbins
Now can I put a brether filter on the rocker cover and block the hose from that comes from the engine and goes to the hockey puck?
Then bloc the hole I'll have left in the TIP

no, you cant simply block the crank case vent.

if anything, block the one on the rocker cover (AEB's and other longitudinal engines dont even have a rocker cover breather as standard) then route the block breather down under the car so it doesnt stink inside the cabin.

You can then remove the puck and block the hole on the tip.

Not that familiar with the transverse engines, but if theres an oil seperator on the block then leave this inplace.

I'm planing on doing the same thing, if I put a breather on the crank case under the car, will it leak oil at all ?what's a Transverse engine mate? Mines a AGU so I don't know if it's safe to remove the puck or not,

You cant simply eliminate it.

Blowby will occur, and needs to get out of the crank case. That means you either pipe it to a catch can, or out under the car.

As dave says, simply dumping it under the car will result in oily mank being deposited onto the road surface. A catch can will reduce this. You might be able to use an oil seperator rather than a catch can, which catches the oil and lets it drain back down into the crank case.

Reactions: col_s3