Long overdue pics of my cheap and nasty £30 mirrors on my S3

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
After having my nice chrome mirrors nicked i went out and got the cheapest mirrors i could find to fit my car.
i got them off ebay for £30 plus £10 next day delv. i promised pics then but its taken me a while to get my **** in gear!!
the first set i got were scratched and replacements were dispatched next day. great service
they basically fit on to a base plate which i couldnt get to fit quite perfect. i think maybe better suited to a3 but i dont know if there is a difference between s3 and a3 mirror fitment.
anyway you can see they annoying overhang from the inside and so it looks crap from inside and also they wont sit flush with the window - well i couldnt get them to easily - so crap from outside too. that is just my opinion. but for £30 i cant complain too much!!
they are noticably smaller than standard mirrors but i have gotten used to them.
although i do have the originals in wrong colours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif to fit and will do (when painted or with black covers) when i move house so that they dont get nicked too.

Anyway - here are the pics. click image for bigger image

They certainly look different!

Not what you would expect to be hanging off an S3, but needs must I suppose. If someone knicked the alu mirrors from outside my house I'd probably do the same thing.

There will be no mistaking your S3 anyways!

[ QUOTE ]
They certainly look different!

[/ QUOTE ]

pass the ferro roche ambassador /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif awful!

[ QUOTE ]
They look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif awful!

[/ QUOTE ]

thats coz they are - had to buy the new wheels to take deflect the attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i`d rather have those mirrors that caravaners use :p

Hmmm M3 lookalikes on an S3 not good, bud for £30 ur right cant complain.

Ian, I tink i seen your car one night in town outside Yates, it was a black S3 with no mirrors. Could just be a a spate of bad luck for black S3 drivers tho.

[ QUOTE ]
Ian, I tink i seen your car one night in town outside Yates, it was a black S3 with no mirrors. Could just be a a spate of bad luck for black S3 drivers tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

not me mate - although not illegal- i chose not to drive the car without mirrors. so another poor sod unfortunately. i guess those ally mirrors on ebay from glasgow could be from a number of cars. you make up your own mind!