HELP!!! my FPR isn't plugged in, where does it go???!!

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Just started doing the n249 delete, whilst going over my vac pipes I found that the line coming off the FPR isn't attached to anything...its about a foot long pipe coming off the fpr to.....nothing. Any body know where it is supposed to attach to and if its ok to replace it with vac pipe? That may explain my running lean I guess
Many thanks

That not good mate, how long has it been like this?

It connects to one the vac nipples under the inlet manifold.

Cheers Dani, I was panicking, now I'm thinking a bit more clearly I looked under the bonnet of my A3 and figured that out. Basically it looks like some tosser has disconected the n112 valve, plugged that into where the fpr goes into the manifold and left the fpr hose hanging free. Aaahhhh!!! That will hopefully explain why my car has given some odd readings. My god people are stupid.
Its been like that since I got it 6 weeks ago so no idea how long. This is my first chance to get sorting hoses out and do the n249....don't know what else I'll find

Surely those fuel trims must have been throwing the ecu spazzy. Must have been running pretty badly

Worryingly it may have been like that longer. Hopefully this will expalin why it was running very lean on bills rollers and I don't need a new fuel pump! It looks like someone snapped the nozzle off the n112 and instead of doing a plastic weld a la Welly they just plugged it into the manifold and left the fpr hanging loose. I did wonder why my fuel economy was a bit rubbish..... New valve from tps tomorrow, then hopefully all ok and I can go back to B5 to get my map finished....Until I find something else....

Glad you're cracking on with it buddy, tbh I'm surprised Bill didn't pick up on that if it was running lean on the rollers.

We'll have to meet up for a beer soon, and you can show me this new beast?

No point sticking around!!1 Unfortunately xmas is my busyest time of year ( I'm santa ) or I would have a lot more progress..... A beer sounds good! A beast it is not though, stage 0.25 at the moment but give it time!
This may sound stupid but can I poach the £45 ngk iridium plugs I just put in my A3 and put them in my S3? Don't want to pay out twice in 2 months.....

No point sticking around!!1 Unfortunately xmas is my busyest time of year ( I'm santa ) or I would have a lot more progress..... A beer sounds good! A beast it is not though, stage 0.25 at the moment but give it time!
This may sound stupid but can I poach the £45 ngk iridium plugs I just put in my A3 and put them in my S3? Don't want to pay out twice in 2 months.....

TBH you should have put S3 plugs in your A3 given it's spec. What number are they? Can't see why not though :)

Can't remember what number but they were the ones I was told to put on by a REVO mapper from exeter called volscraft, as mine are old they have to be worth a shot. You have to remember I'm going from a very well sorted A3 to a not so well sorted S3 so learning along the way!
Hows yours going? All good?

Can't remember what number but they were the ones I was told to put on by a REVO mapper from exeter called volscraft, as mine are old they have to be worth a shot. You have to remember I'm going from a very well sorted A3 to a not so well sorted S3 so learning along the way!
Hows yours going? All good?

Darren is the guy at Volkskraft, he's proper sound. He'd have recommended S3 spec plugs for sure :)

Mine is going alright, falling apart mind you but still going well! Beer soon!

Mine already fell apart, I'm spending all my time putting it back together!! Couldn't be bothered to change them in the end, they're the same in both cars and same condition....
Got some time off coming up in a couple of weeks, beer then?! Mine should be running sweet then ( hopefully )