Well worth the cash i reckon !Check it !

30000 euros and no blue haldex pffffffff. no thanks
5.5 not that quick then.
should have spent his money better me thinks

I'd want to see all the receipts as when I spoke to Kim Collins (the owner of QST) on many occasions he said they have never fitted forged con rods and assured me that they've never needed to uprated them on the MTM kits although I bent a rod on it

Also he was adamant that they run them on standard coolers and didn't like the idea when I said I wanted a different cooler eg fmic

And the MTM map that was on mine was running extremely hot (1000 degree plus egts) and running fairly lean, bearing in mind that they have to fly someone in from Germany to do the custom maps and costs a fortune so can pretty much guarantee it's just the normal map for that kit (same as mine was before i got a custom one from kims advice) as really wasn't interested in custom mapping mine once I had done a few extra mods which aren't in their specified kit, as it was flowing better the boost was going over 2 bar

I'm really sorry and don't mean to **** on your fire ;-)

The kit is good and well made and I love it but it just seems that there's quite a bit more claimed than what is possibly done and I mean possibly as I can well worth be wrong

But I've had quite a bit of experience with qst which are the only uk supplier of MTM equipment and I'm affraid a lot if it has been bad but just wanted to try and give you a heads up incase I'm right??

But I still think it is a good deal and I'd certainly go for it 

Last edited:
Im not looking to but it , iv owned my s3 for four years now but was just looking through ebay to see how much mine was worth and came across this. Thought it was cheap for all the mods its had .

Also I'd advise you ring qst and ask to speak to Kim and pick his brains if the seller says all the work was done in the uk by an MTM dealer, then you can get a feel yourself via speaking to him?

But again I'll say it if it's the normal MTM 345 kit then you won't be disappointed and still think it looks like a smart tidy motor but all I'm saying is do a bit of research and dig a bit ;-)

I'd pay £6k for this car if I was looking. Only thing that would bug me is one owner and only one key??

tbh, that's the last thing you should be worried. It's a one owner car - the buck stops with him. He can't turn round and say the common excuses..."May have been done by a previous owner, oh I didn't know that, well, not as long as I've owned the car,,,etc)

Sounds genuine enough, just need to double check the obvious which we have all spoken about in the past on these forums.

The second key's are sometimes easily mislaid, maybe he has given up on trying to find them ?. I would be curious to hear his reason for just the one key.

Ok this might seem a strange post but I would warn anyone thinking about this car. I had a look at the link and saw the user i.d. of the person and that it was in Didcot, Oxfordshire and then quickly realized I had dealt with this guy in the past. I bought a couple of used turbo's a while back, probably 4 years for some uni project I was doing. The guy I bought them off was called Sam Ainge, if you google 'piano-viva' then you will see that there is a website of a piano teacher in Didcot with the same surname, which is his mum. Anyway, the guy screwed me over royally and I ended up having to take them to the small claims court to get my money back. The turbo's he sold me that were in 'good condition' were missing turbine wheels, were cracked etc and were basically a bunch of sh*t. To cut a long story short, I wanted my money back for them but the guy messed me about more than you can imagine to the point where I had to deal with his mum to try and get my money back. I eventually got the money back after about 6 months only because I linked his surname and user i.d. to his mum's website and contacted her about the whole issue and eventually got my money back.

It sounds a bit of weird post but if this 'Sam Ainge' is the guy selling it then I wouldn't trust a word out of his lying mouth and also the guy is a sneaky little sh*t. The car might be good but just don't believe anything the rat tells you.

I live in Abingdon about a mile away from didcot but spend most of my time in didcot as thats where the misses lives. And I've never seen this car before?

What worries me is he's had the car for 10 years, and does'nt know the cars engine displacment. Claims its a 1.8 in the description, then claims its a 2.0 quattro later on. I mean If he doesnt know what engine size is in his own car, how much can he actually know about it... WASTEMAN!!

I'm guessing he means one previous owner? Why would somebody who has spent 30,000 euros plus the price of the car to start with £25,000? Bother selling there car for £6000?

Also I wonder how much a new set of carbon ceramic disks would cost?

i live in didcot, i no who owns this and DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM!!! this car has been sat in his workshop for ages (dray-cot engine-ering)(put it like this incase its searched etc wont show up), he bought it cheap off the guy who spent the cash doing it and took it in to have it fixed or whatever (no doubt mugged him saying it was funked) and has bodged it up to get rid of it!! im good mates with a lad who works in the bodyshop next door and he tells me all about it, ive had previous experiences with him and he's not a genuine bloke put it that way, his name is ben. dont want to say to much as i live close..... as you can prob tell im not a great fan of this bloke, but my view is forget it and move on honestly!!

Christ thank god i wasnt looking to buy because i thought this looked pretty good. Next time i buy a car im for sure gonna post it on here first as you find out a lot!:thumbsup:

I emailed the seller a few days ago to find out a bit more about the car and got no reply! Hmmmmmmm

I emailed the seller a few days ago to find out a bit more about the car and got no reply! Hmmmmmmm
thats prob because he doesnt know anythin more to tell you except what he can see by looking at it and the badges lol, and because he didnt go to the trouble to built it, just mugged someone else out of it boddged it back together to sell it on, ive seen the car and it is nice on first climpse.. and if i didnt know who was selling it and his background id prob be well into it!! but like i say steer well clear.. i feel sorry for whoever buys it because i garuntee in a month it will go belly up and he wont want to know any more about it!! FACT.....

This is all part of the game when buying a car - asking questions, sussing out the car in front of you, taking a good long test drive, check paint work, check panel gaps, weld marking (where possible, such as under boot) are original, etc - the list is really endless. Obviously if your driving from a distance to view this car then you want to ask as many questions as possible before getting there....But I have to say if this is the original owner selling the car then he really does have no excuses if any minute detail does not stack up with what is in front of you - again that's a simple question to ask the seller - are you the one and only owner ?