Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Front Splitter .Wheres the best place to buy one from?

I have a s3 facelift and am looking to buy a front splitter/spoiler.Seen them on ebay but just wondering if there is somewhere cheaper or better to go?

Also how are they attached to the bumper ? is drilling required ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    What type of splitter? there are many.

Most popular seems to be the Seat Cupra one, and the best place is direct from a Seat stealer as the Ebay sellers add a good margin for the pleasure of selling them to you

2nd Gear

Status
    yeah thats the one i like . its 50pounds on ebay . do you know how much they are from the stealers? And how it is fitted on?

Thanks mate

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I think they are around £30 iirc, they are fitted with screws and need the "legs" shortening in the middle to sit correctly

2nd Gear

Status
    Niceone cheers for that gonna buy one tomo and get fitting!

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    DO NOT get them from Ebay! Absolute blatant rip off! I got mine from Seat a few months ago, think it was £33.**? Just get it from Seat.
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

4th Gear

Status
    The price for them has risen as the demand has increased on the entire VAG scene

2nd Gear

Status
    How much buy?

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Put it this way, 4 years ago when my brother put one on his Mk3 Ibiza Cupra, it cost £18 from Seat. So yeah, they went up quite alot lol.
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

2nd Gear

Status
    *******S! cant believe know one has made a cheap remold of it ! Does look nice on your motor tho def gonna get one regardless of the price.

4th Gear

Status
    Aye you can see it on Troopa's Sig looks good!

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Last year I paid £28 this year I replaced it and it had gone up nearly a tenner When I ask why, the lad on parts said it's down to all the lil chavs fitting them to their corsa's and fiesta's, So demand is higher than ever apparently. They usually cut out a centre section then heat weld it back together lol.

you'll want a heat gun also to bend it in to the shape of the bumper as your fitting. 30 mins of a job and well worth it imo

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone know the part number?

Cheers
    Jit

Audi S3

5th Gear

Status
    Install is easy.

Cupra r splitter is excellent. Check my photos.

Use larger than advised screws. 16 in total I think. 20mm best as others too short. 4 small cuts, one at each end and two in the middle. A better guide is on eBay. Just check an advertised one as they have photo manual to mod.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jitvv View Post

Cheers
    I have it somewher I'll try dig it out, if you just ask for a cupra splitter at seat they'll know what your after. I'd use bolts and 2p washers tbh as they have a tendency to pop the screws when the missus uses it as a parking aid

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    I have it somewher I'll try dig it out, if you just ask for a cupra splitter at seat they'll know what your after. I'd use bolts and 2p washers tbh as they have a tendency to pop the screws when the missus uses it as a parking aid
    Cheers mate.
    Jit

Audi S3

2nd Gear

Status
    I take is a case of removing bumper to fit it? or can you do it on the car ? like the idea of bolting it on. what size bolts did you use? M5?

5th Gear

Status
    Dont need bumper off, just need it elevated really to give yourself leverage to screw in.

After trimming the 4 pieces off, i popped to kwik fit and asked the lads to raise it on their lifters for £5 of beer money.

They lapped it up. Took be 10 mins screwing the 16 self tapping screws in. Would have been easier with power tool but their air gun wasn't working.

Ming Blue S3, Stage 3 Hybrid Turbo, Custom Map, Bosch 480 injectors, Custom TIP, Forge FMIC, 3" Downpipe, 200 Cell Sport CAT, Full Stainless, XS Power Mani, 6 Paddle Clutch, Red silicone hoses, LCR Brembo's, Forge 007p, KW Suspension Kit, Green filter, THS Mounts, 11mm & 16mm spacers, H&R Anti-roll bars, RS6 18" alloys, Michelin PS3's, Red Dog Bone Mount, Neuspeed quickshift, Boost Gauge, Aero wipers, LCR splitter, Forge Tie-bars, LED bulbs, Armrest, Custom TT pedals.

Events Moderator

Status
    TPS is your best bet mate, was about 35 through them, whereas Seat wanted to charge me 38 + VAT. This was like 2-3 months ago.
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

1st Gear

Status
    payed £22 + vat direct from seat, over the parts counter..... held on with self tapping screws, i found taking the bumper off was alot easier, that way you can flip in upside down and defo get it central.. abit more work but personally it had to be 100% right or it wouldnt look good..

Last edited by Rogue-24-84; 7th January 2012 at 08:27.
    ROGUE TRADER

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I fitted mine with bumper off but only because I was removing the bumper to do my intercooler. It made the job of lining up the splitter a lot easier with the bumper off.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 JOHN View Post
    I take is a case of removing bumper to fit it? or can you do it on the car ? like the idea of bolting it on. what size bolts did you use? M5?
    ye nothing to serious m5's and 2p washers will do just fine. Try get em as close to the centre section as possible to avoid droop.
    first time I fitted it on the car on axle stands second time I fitted it off the car as the bumper was off an as said was loads easier to line up and trim. Only takes 5 mins to whip the bumper off so I'd go that way.

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jitvv View Post

Cheers
    Part number = K01/B Front Spoiler - F1ML805903

2nd Gear

Status
    Bumper of it is then . Thanks for all the info

2nd Gear

Status
    Ended up buying one off ebay for 50 delivered . Drove to seat spares today and the computers were down so they said try again monday . Prob end up spending more on fuel . A bit more money but easy ! Look forward to fitting it.!

5th Gear

Status
    It's a lot quicker on ramps and screw from beneath. Saves so much time.

It can be held in place with tape.

Took be 20 mins with manual screwdriver. Would have been 5 mins with power tool.

It'll take you 15 mins getting the bumper off. Each to his own and just my opinion.

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I drilled seperate holes and fitted the splitter using really thin bolts and nuts with nyloc on them. I hate self tapping screws.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    PS: you need to cut off the center locating lugs bud before you fit it or it'll push it down it the middle and not sit flat..

thats if the ebay ones come like that?! from seat they do, i guess this is so the can clip into the leon bumper there meant to go on..
    ROGUE TRADER

Reverse Gear

Status
    I got 1 waiting for me at a seat dealership i orderd 1 the other day came 2 £38.90 think mate got his about 2 years ago for about £16 like said in above post more demand for them they wack the £££££

DVLA Say it's Black

Status
    As rogo said you'll need ro trim the legs down, and more than just the clips or it will droop in the centre, first time i did this i pissed about for ages trying to get it flush and still ended up looking like id cut it with my teeth, Second time around I used a long straight edge and laid it on the top side to get my cut lines. Simples
    leave cutting the back edges until more or less fitted in place that way you splitter will meet perfect with the lil mudflap thingi's at the back of the bumper. Looks more oem, See so many drop short and don't look as good a finish.

Oh and pic's when done!

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah il get some pics up next weekend . cheers for the info . Gonna take the bumper off as gotta few stone chips to attend to too!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.h View Post
    As rogo said you'll need ro trim the legs down, and more than just the clips or it will droop in the centre, first time i did this i pissed about for ages trying to get it flush and still ended up looking like id cut it with my teeth, Second time around I used a long straight edge and laid it on the top side to get my cut lines. Simples
    leave cutting the back edges until more or less fitted in place that way you splitter will meet perfect with the lil mudflap thingi's at the back of the bumper. Looks more oem, See so many drop short and don't look as good a finish.

Oh and pic's when done!
    yeah thats it mate, i see so many ppl with them on there astra gsi's etc that havent trimmed it in the middle or the backs properly.. just looks a crud job!! may aswell stick a laguna splitter on it lol, mine tapers right down to the little mudflaps and looks asif it came on the car from factory.. the rule of it is bud... if the jobs worth doing its worth doing properly
    ROGUE TRADER

2nd Gear

Status
    indeed its is mate ! im a little ocd so il be doing a proper job! Have to have it right!